Scale 4x4 R/C Forums

Scale 4x4 R/C Forums (http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/index.php)
-   London Scale Trail Runners (http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   LSTR Official Talk is Cheap Thread. (http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=51001)

Dready 06-09-2010 02:58 PM

LSTR Official Talk is Cheap Thread.
 
Please post in here any general ramblings between the Lstr Gang in an attempt to keep the other posts free from Clutter.

jay1 06-09-2010 03:04 PM

i can crawl ......... buy a hilux

Dready 06-09-2010 03:06 PM

Honcho and Jay look back at the comp thread i just had a brainwave

jay1 06-09-2010 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dready (Post 675509)
Honcho and Jay look back at the comp thread i just had a brainwave

seen it bro :chug:

I Can Crawl 06-09-2010 03:09 PM

Keep in mind i don't have a job or get payed lol. Hilux's look expensive :(
So i'm just gonna look for budget custom builds or used SCX10s on the bay and BST section. For the amount of time i actually use it, its not really worth spending too much on one.

I'll let you know when i have brought something nice :banana:

jay1 06-09-2010 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Can Crawl (Post 675511)
Keep in mind i don't have a job or get payed lol. Hilux's look expensive :(
So i'm just gonna look for budget custom builds or used SCX10s on the bay and BST section. For the amount of time i actually use it, its not really worth spending too much on one.

I'll let you know when i have brought something nice :banana:

will u be ready for the 27th

I Can Crawl 06-09-2010 03:14 PM

Hopefully mate Hopefully :)

jay1 06-09-2010 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Can Crawl (Post 675518)
Hopefully mate Hopefully :)

good mate get a winch fitted for now and you will be fine :)

Dready 06-09-2010 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Can Crawl (Post 675511)
Keep in mind i don't have a job or get payed lol. Hilux's look expensive :(
So i'm just gonna look for budget custom builds or used SCX10s on the bay and BST section. For the amount of time i actually use it, its not really worth spending too much on one.

I'll let you know when i have brought something nice :banana:



How about picking up some bits from the bay.

Seller Russisloud always has good stuff for sale

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/russisloud2/m...1&_from=&_ipg=

Do it in bits.

I Can Crawl 06-09-2010 03:25 PM

Looks interesting, i think all them things would add up to a pretty expsnive price still though. Thanks for the help though, i'll add him to my favourite sellers and see what comes up.

Also this Landy looks pretty good, it was made by Iansvecs do you think it is worth the price? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=190403037975

jay1 06-09-2010 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Can Crawl (Post 675530)
Looks interesting, i think all them things would add up to a pretty expsnive price still though. Thanks for the help though, i'll add him to my favourite sellers and see what comes up.

Also this Landy looks pretty good, it was made by Iansvecs do you think it is worth the price? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=190403037975

looks ok mate but for that sort of money i would rather get a honcho ..
but its always down to what you like ..

:(

Dready 06-09-2010 03:45 PM

I'd want it gold for that price.

TLT axles arent the greatest either.
It's also running a non crawler esc too.

2 Bills tops

Rikk 06-09-2010 04:17 PM

If you have that much money to spend make it yourself, I'd never fancy buying something someone else has built it's much more satisfying doing it yourself, even just getting a kit then growing it how you want it.
It took me 4 days to build my honcho then 5 months later of tweaking, playing etc to get it 100% and I enjoyed all the tweaking a hell of a lot more than the making :)

As Dready says, do it a bit at a time.
Buy the body, as everything is based off that.
Get axles to fit
Buy some delrin and make the chassis
6mm delrin rod and some rod ends and thats your links done
transmission, depends on body type but you can get a brand new axial one for 30

The body for my next scaler arrived today and I'm gagging to get going building everything :)

Dready 06-09-2010 04:19 PM

Watch out for Dust when cutting Delrin.

A Mask is a Must

Rikk 06-09-2010 04:23 PM

This be ok?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2018, Scale 4x4 R/C