Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > Scale 1.9's
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Scale 1.9's Scale trucks that use 1.9" tires. Discuss your XC and similar type trucks.

Old 01-10-2010, 02:14 PM
define("BEASTMODE", "1");

Member Number: 1
B/S/T Feedback: (7)
Default Toyota FJ Crusider on Tamiya TA02 Chassis

Some of you may remember the Tamiya Hummer I built up a while back, here's the thread - http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14026

It was fun for a while, then got boring, so I gave it a facelift, here's that thread... http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31246

Well, here we are for the third installment in "The Life and Times of a TA02 Chassis"

This time it's been reincarnated as a Toyota FJ Cruiser, using a New Bright shell. I had to shorten the wheelbase on the chassis a bit, then do some body work to make it work, but I think it came out nice enough. It's a fun little truck to drive. It needs a faster motor in it though, with the center tranny it's geared SUPER low, then I put a low RPM motor in it on top of that. It's painfully slow. It's got power though! I had to loosen up the slipper clutch to stop it from spitting the driveshafts out... It was only a matter of time before it twisted a dogbone off.

I might throw a faster motor in it and play with the gearing, and try to make a little scale basher to run around in the yard, should be fun!
Attached Images

Old 01-10-2010, 02:27 PM
Scale4x4 is the REAL world, right?

Member Number: 3180
B/S/T Feedback: (26)

i like it!
i wish my cc01 was slower,i like your chassis layout.