Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > In General > General R/C Banter
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

General R/C Banter If you have general question that does not fit in the other categories enter it here!

Old 06-01-2012, 06:34 AM
Builder of low end high budget vehicles...

Member Number: 4701
B/S/T Feedback: (30)

I bit hard on the SC thing, but have since sold them all off - except my Slash. It's a darn fun truck, looks good while bumping along, and takes an amazing beating. I'm usually pretty gentle with my rides, but not this one.
Old 06-02-2012, 12:52 AM

Member Number: 1633
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

Slash racing has gotten too serious, its no longer fun
loved it more when everything was box-stock Slash & minipins didn't exist
Old 06-02-2012, 03:32 AM

Member Number: 1908

I race electric onroad, but i'm sick to death of the "flavour of the month " chassis/motor/electronics etc.
I still keep coming back to my High Lift, for which i'm about to start upgrading/modifying (starting with some 1.55s and Mickey T's)......
Everyone who sees it, loves it
Old 06-02-2012, 05:32 AM
I never leave, but my wife did!

Member Number: 4273
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

i think the good think about the crawlers and i think even more with trail trucks are they are fun by your self. you don't need alot of folks to have fun with them. they also go slow enough that if the handling is'nt just right it dosen't matter. im refurbing my tamiya ta05 and got a tamiya m06 and they are fast fun a scale but , i spend most of the time tuning them and buying tires. i don't i ever ran off a set of crawler/ trail tire .
Old 06-02-2012, 04:36 PM
NoM Shelf Queens

Member Number: 16628
B/S/T Feedback: (6)

ive just been into crawling and scale rigs for about a year now and general rc for ever it seems...i know out here in vegas the comp crawler scene is basically nonexisting anymore but the scale rig scene is going pretty strong...as for racing at the track it was totally sc dominated but buggies have made a comback here over the last few mos and talk about a stadium truck class coming back as well.
nitro racing out here is big. rally and drift not so much but did see in colorado they were doing a rally class or something(i didnt look to much.)

the scb that losi came out with we had a dedicated class to that but lasted only a month for a losi sponsored series and i havent seen 1 at the track since.

i was watching the lucas oil hour on speed today and caught a traxxas commercial for the x0-1 fast car but honestly dont see the fun in it.

at least theres the tf2 pretty new and the ridgcrest in crawler scale world and i hear losi is making a 22 based sct within the year

theres always thoes bumps in the road and things die off but itll always make a comeback thanks to the people like all in this post who im sure have a arsenol of rc's
Old 06-04-2012, 10:07 AM
Tis but a Scratch

Member Number: 17821
Cool Flavor of the month

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfvwtuner View Post
I think crawlers were just the "new" thing, and thus popular. They are no longer new and now slowing down in popularity. The people that enjoy it will keep doing it.

As for the short course thing, I CANT believe that it took 20+ years for them to make these things. I've been doing R/C on and off since the mid 80's and always wanted and still want a slash. It's perfect, race bash, look real too.

The racing monster trucks never looked like racing trucks or monster trucks.

Scale crawlers are still going to keep a small but strong following. You guys enjoy building them
+1
The short course trucks are just fun like my old RC-10, on another forum people were bemoaning the death of the Stadium truck; Stadium trucks are dying, because they are ugly and do not look realistic. Sure they maight be faster or handle better then a SC truck, but is that the point really? I think the beauty of the SC truck is that it isn't perfect, it has faults and the challenge is to overcome those faults. We have a sc-10 and a Slash 4X4, my son loves the 4X4 and it is fun throwing up rooster tails of grass everywhere, but many times for just messing around I prefer the 2wd SC-10.

Crawlers (not scalers) kind of occupy that same little niche as Stadium trucks and to a certain extent Monster trucks in that they mostly do one thing great, but maybe not very realistically or maybe kind of one trick pony's!?

The SC trucks and scalers by their nature look good and are pretty versatile, the SC trucks are good for racing all the way down to bashing and the scalers kind of occupy the opposite end of the scale from Crawling on up to trailing and even a little bit of bashing. From a purely opperational standpoint I could be happy with just a SC truck and A Scaler like a SCX-10. If I have more then just that it's only because I have to have a Jeep and a Rover and a Bronco . . . .

Plus I like to tinker!
Old 06-04-2012, 06:31 PM
I never leave, but my wife did!

Member Number: 4273
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

i will say that scalers and sc trucks do look the part. and you know im in florida and there is tons more scale driving around. my venom creeper has not been drivin in... wow! im thiniking of turning it into a tractor lol