Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > R/C Manufacturers/Venders/Retailers > Rogue Element Components
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Rogue Element Components Fine Custom and Limited-Edition Machine Work

View Poll Results: What 3rd color option would be wanted?
Blue 4 36.36%
Green 0 0%
Red 8 72.73%
Other 1 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2019, 11:04 AM
I WILL Hijack & De-Rail your thread into uselessness!

Member Number: 128
B/S/T Feedback: (6)

Mkay Awrighty! The CENTERS are now in full swing! Starting with the SST's, as they take the 2nd- longest to cut. These pics are not serial numbered as they are an 'Extra' set: They are also Raw, so all machining ops can be done. The Ano'd centers will have the nut area & design detail done after ano, natch- I can't wait to see those beasties, as I'm sure you folks are also.

I know, I still need to make some axle-nut designs for you all to vote on: I'll have some time soon as the centers, 2 at a time, take 22 minutes to cut so I can actually do some CAD whilst they are running. Pretty much everything so far has either needed baby-sitting at the machine or been manual, so this will be a nice break that I'll take advantage of to do the nut designs.

So, I'm sure a lot of you are wondering "HOW LONG WILL THE CENTERS TAKE GEEZ.... I actually hope to have these all done in 6 weeks or less. including the Extras, of which there are another 25 sets beyond the wheels themselves. After that, the nuts (Pretty fast, say 4 days,) and the inner beadlock tube-Not sure about those, but it won't need much a whole lot. And the re-machining of the Hilights after ano. So, these we have it All, I'll get on those nut designs in a day or two & see which ones are wanted. I'll update whenever I start a new design on the centers. Talk soon, and I say again what Gents you've all been about the project, my sincere Thanks. Chris Cazan REC
Attached Images

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 04-30-2019, 11:42 AM
I build lots of Toyotas

Member Number: 188
B/S/T Feedback: (9)

AWESOME Chris, I was actually going to email you to remind you about my extra centers but it seems have you that locked down already

Thanks for the update !

-Mike
07 wrx
Old 04-30-2019, 11:50 AM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 170
B/S/T Feedback: (7)

i ordered extra's too i think... awesome work as always. don't care how long it takes

what!! they're not??
Old 05-06-2019, 07:11 PM
Wasting Time'r

Member Number: 19523
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

Yes was waiting for some pics
The wait for these will be worth it.

On the sidenote had someone break into my garage. All that he stole was a drill and some other dumb ****, but sitting next to said drill was three different sets of your wheels too bad the idiot didn’t know what they were worth.
Old 05-07-2019, 12:48 AM

Now THAT's a good story, all things considered! If these thieving idiots were not of sub-normal intelligence and lazy whiny sorts, they'd have jobs. I am SUPER glad that's all they got! (And sorta bummed they didn't snag one just 'cause it's so cool.........)

Yeah, today I did 3 tries at a video, show the shop & where I'm at with these things- Think I could upload it to YouTube? Hell no!! The quality was ***** when I e-mailed it to myslf, and when I tried to send it right from the phone to YT it said it was uploaded but it just.......wasn't there. Ukfay! I really ain'y hip to the new online stuff, but Geez.....If I don't get it sorted I'll post pics w/captions in a day or so.

Now put those wheels in a safe deposit box where they belong! Chris REC
Old 05-14-2019, 11:35 AM

Awright, well, screw the video- It just isn't worth the BS to figure it out. I'm not stupid, but trying to figure out all the Google acct.-YouTube uploader- Compression-bitrate-resolution ***** is not a good use of my friggin' time just for this 1 crappy vid.

So,l here's where we're at: Tubes are being finished as centers are running. I have the SST's done, and will have the 7-Spokes done by Friday. Then, say, another month before all the centers (And tubes!) are done (Minus Ano.). Centers will be Ano'd mostly, then re-machined 1 at a time for accuracy.

Screw heads are all polished and I need to make a jig to get those Ano'd too- Not a biggie once the centers are done, couple days. Nuts I will toss some designs out here within 2 weeks for voting: As I will have the programs anyway at that point, I'll likely do all of 'em unless 1 is a real loser. I'll shoot for at least 3 types.

COA's just need to be printed and embossed, a day total perhaps. The bead-locking tube I have no idea at this point, we'll see here soon.

I'd say within the month I'll be able to give a completion date: Things are cruising along pretty well now that tubes are about finished, so there will not be any more long intervals between meaningful updates. I'll get a shot of the centers up here soon & as they get completed.

The light is visible at the end of the tunnel! Thanks All, Chris REC
Old 05-14-2019, 02:03 PM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 170
B/S/T Feedback: (7)

hot damn...

thanks for the update and all your hard work and dedication.

if anybody doesn't pay up.. dibs on 2 more sets (or even just tubes, as i got the extra centers)

what!! they're not??
Old 05-19-2019, 06:40 PM
Rollin' in the winnie

Member Number: 4269
B/S/T Feedback: (26)
Default OFFICIAL 2018 Clod Wheel Thread!

Woo! Still on track for my August 27 birthday present

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-23-2019, 03:25 PM

Ladies and gentlemen, we have an Optimist! Really, I should not joke about the time these have taken-Just because you have all been so Awesome about things should NOT indicate that you aren't champing at the bit for 'em, and I'm aware of it.

- The K-5's started yesterday, and the SST's & 7-Spokes are all machined and are awaiting Anodizing, along with the screws. Tubes will be all finished as the centers progress. K-5's will be done within a week: I think it's possible that ALL the tubes & centers will be DONE within 2-3 weeks! Still stuff after that, but nothing by comparison. I'll keep you posted, Chris REC