Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > In General > Scale 4x4 R/C Official Regional Clubs > London Scale Trail Runners
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #541  
Old 06-17-2010, 02:46 PM
Dready's Avatar
Dready Dready is offline
Bucket List 1) Get a Truck on American TV. Completed
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: London
Posts: 10,351
Member Number: 2380
B/S/T Feedback: (18)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay1 View Post
What you got planned then..?

I must admit im like'ing the way mine looks, and all being well the front bumper will be done the weekend , so i can really try it out,


How much does it work out then m8
Just looking for it now do you want a driver as well?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links


The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
  #542  
Old 06-17-2010, 02:48 PM
jay1's Avatar
jay1 jay1 is offline
Why do people play mind games ????
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Romford
Posts: 4,976
Member Number: 11369
B/S/T Feedback: (1)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dready View Post
Just looking for it now do you want a driver as well?
It's ok ill stick trainers in there...lol

cause mate
Reply With Quote
  #543  
Old 06-17-2010, 02:48 PM
Dready's Avatar
Dready Dready is offline
Bucket List 1) Get a Truck on American TV. Completed
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: London
Posts: 10,351
Member Number: 2380
B/S/T Feedback: (18)
Default

He hasn't got any at the moment.

When my Cab arrives from Japan i'll have a look into making you one.
Reply With Quote
  #544  
Old 06-17-2010, 02:51 PM
jay1's Avatar
jay1 jay1 is offline
Why do people play mind games ????
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Romford
Posts: 4,976
Member Number: 11369
B/S/T Feedback: (1)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dready View Post
He hasn't got any at the moment.

When my Cab arrives from Japan i'll have a look into making you one.
Nice one m8.....


Thats next on my list to do interior, and get a clear windscreen .....


you have to admit u can notbeat a good lookingscale hilux
Reply With Quote
  #545  
Old 06-17-2010, 02:54 PM
Dready's Avatar
Dready Dready is offline
Bucket List 1) Get a Truck on American TV. Completed
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: London
Posts: 10,351
Member Number: 2380
B/S/T Feedback: (18)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay1 View Post
Nice one m8.....


Thats next on my list to do interior, and get a clear windscreen .....


you have to admit u can notbeat a good lookingscale hilux
You'll learn, You'll love it forever but it has too many limitations to make it any good. Eventually it'll annoy you mainly from dragging its enormous backside around so you'll bob the back off.
Reply With Quote
  #546  
Old 06-17-2010, 02:58 PM
jay1's Avatar
jay1 jay1 is offline
Why do people play mind games ????
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Romford
Posts: 4,976
Member Number: 11369
B/S/T Feedback: (1)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dready View Post
You'll learn, You'll love it forever but it has too many limitations to make it any good. Eventually it'll annoy you mainly from dragging its enormous backside around so you'll bob the back off.
I no what you mean m8, But i have a old cosworth chassis and a clod shell and quit a bit of bits and pieces, so I'm going to have a little go at making a scale truck as well so that will be tubed ..........




But i want to finish the inside of me hilux first ......
Reply With Quote
  #547  
Old 06-17-2010, 02:59 PM
Dready's Avatar
Dready Dready is offline
Bucket List 1) Get a Truck on American TV. Completed
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: London
Posts: 10,351
Member Number: 2380
B/S/T Feedback: (18)
Default

tubed what?

Soldered?
Brazed?
Welded?
Glued?
Stuck with Gaffer Tape!!
Reply With Quote
  #548  
Old 06-17-2010, 03:01 PM
jay1's Avatar
jay1 jay1 is offline
Why do people play mind games ????
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Romford
Posts: 4,976
Member Number: 11369
B/S/T Feedback: (1)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dready View Post
tubed what?

Soldered?
Brazed?
Welded?
Glued?
Stuck with Gaffer Tape!!
No straws , lol


Dont know yet mate ...........

When you had your leaf springs what was they attached to m8
Reply With Quote
  #549  
Old 06-17-2010, 03:06 PM
Dready's Avatar
Dready Dready is offline
Bucket List 1) Get a Truck on American TV. Completed
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: London
Posts: 10,351
Member Number: 2380
B/S/T Feedback: (18)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay1 View Post
No straws , lol


Dont know yet mate ...........

When you had your leaf springs what was they attached to m8

One end was attached to a Nice Tree in the park that gave a nice bit of shade when it was hot The other end i managed to attach to a very sweet old couple who came from Eastbourne. They were up for the Day on the Train and wanted to visit Hampton Court. They were everso helpfull and agreed after two babyshams to have a Leaf spring attached to there Frail old Legs.
Reply With Quote
  #550  
Old 06-17-2010, 03:07 PM
jay1's Avatar
jay1 jay1 is offline
Why do people play mind games ????
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Romford
Posts: 4,976
Member Number: 11369
B/S/T Feedback: (1)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dready View Post
One end was attached to a Nice Tree in the park that gave a nice bit of shade when it was hot The other end i managed to attach to a very sweet old couple who came from Eastbourne. They were up for the Day on the Train and wanted to visit Hampton Court. They were everso helpfull and agreed after two babyshams to have a Leaf spring attached to there Frail old Legs.
U geek ................
Reply With Quote
  #551  
Old 06-17-2010, 03:11 PM
Dready's Avatar
Dready Dready is offline
Bucket List 1) Get a Truck on American TV. Completed
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: London
Posts: 10,351
Member Number: 2380
B/S/T Feedback: (18)
Default

I thought you were joking?
Reply With Quote
  #552  
Old 06-17-2010, 03:12 PM
jay1's Avatar
jay1 jay1 is offline
Why do people play mind games ????
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Romford
Posts: 4,976
Member Number: 11369
B/S/T Feedback: (1)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dready View Post
I thought you were joking?
I was ,,,,,,,,,,, 1-0
Reply With Quote
  #553  
Old 06-17-2010, 03:14 PM
Dready's Avatar
Dready Dready is offline
Bucket List 1) Get a Truck on American TV. Completed
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: London
Posts: 10,351
Member Number: 2380
B/S/T Feedback: (18)
Default

MIne were attached to the frame and on the back i had shooter shackles
Reply With Quote
  #554  
Old 06-17-2010, 03:17 PM
jay1's Avatar
jay1 jay1 is offline
Why do people play mind games ????
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Romford
Posts: 4,976
Member Number: 11369
B/S/T Feedback: (1)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dready View Post
MIne were attached to the frame and on the back i had shooter shackles
Them shooter shackles are bloody exspensive, so i have made my own , and they work really well,

How hard is it to make interior then m8
Reply With Quote
  #555  
Old 06-17-2010, 03:20 PM
Dready's Avatar
Dready Dready is offline
Bucket List 1) Get a Truck on American TV. Completed
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: London
Posts: 10,351
Member Number: 2380
B/S/T Feedback: (18)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay1 View Post
Them shooter shackles are bloody exspensive, so i have made my own , and they work really well,

How hard is it to make interior then m8
Your right and with two links from a Bike chain and a couple of pins you can make your own.
I know i did and mine worked fine.

How hard depends how much detail you want.
Reply With Quote


Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2018, Scale 4x4 R/C