Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Monsters, Scale 4X2, & Non scale R/C > Scale 4x2 and Buggy R/C vehicles
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Scale 4x2 and Buggy R/C vehicles This is the place to put your Sand Scorchers, Bajas and other various 2wd offroad R/C's

Old 01-06-2009, 05:18 PM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 1360
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CORR View Post
Dunno..They wouldn't shut up about the truck before the release. Now that they have it...nothing. Owner pics, video and word of mouth will determine how the truck sells in the future. Very Quiet so far
Yeah, and I don't think SB4PRO posts on anything BESIDES this truck. I've never been so passionate about something that I've posted on a message boards for literally years trying to get people to keep paying for something that has been delayed several times.
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 01-07-2009, 07:10 AM
Administrator - Professor Spoon! I have Evil Powers, and I teach! Mwuhahaha

Member Number: 16
B/S/T Feedback: (2)

its a very cool truck, but now that we have the traxxas slash cheaply and widely available I think TTR will need a fair bit of hype/advertising otherwise they will lose customers who want a similar vehicle to the cheaper TRX slash.

I have no doubts that the TTR pro2 will be a vastly superior product, but when it was announced long before the slash was on the drawing boards it was fresh and a radical departure from racing style wiiiiiiide stadium trucks - now its more like a more expensive alternative to a TRX slash.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:19 AM
r/c tufftruck racer

Member Number: 2274

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveK View Post
Yeah, and I don't think SB4PRO posts on anything BESIDES this truck. I've never been so passionate about something that I've posted on a message boards for literally years trying to get people to keep paying for something that has been delayed several times.
Did yaall ever think the reason i havent posted in a while is cause I AM SICK OF ALL THE NEGATIVE REMARKS . Seems like everytime i posted someone had something to say , well i finally decided to just let the truck speak for itself . If you like it im happy and hope you have as much of a good time with as i am . If you dont well oh well theres nothing I can do about it. For those of you who HAVE supported the truck and just what Darren was trying to create THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-07-2009, 03:22 PM
Trying to make things more scale

Member Number: 558

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB4PRO View Post
Did yaall ever think the reason i havent posted in a while is cause I AM SICK OF ALL THE NEGATIVE REMARKS . Seems like everytime i posted someone had something to say , well i finally decided to just let the truck speak for itself . If you like it im happy and hope you have as much of a good time with as i am . If you dont well oh well theres nothing I can do about it. For those of you who HAVE supported the truck and just what Darren was trying to create THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!
This is a forum and people are entitled to their opinions. You dont need to keep jumping on people everytime they post something you dont like. I'm sure there are people here who are getting sick of you posting how great the truck is. For someone who owns the truck and loves it so much you have not really shared anything about it other than saying its great. How about taking some pictures showing angles that the TTR website doesn't? Or some pictures of the tranny etc...
Old 01-07-2009, 04:14 PM
Varyag og Muspelheim

Member Number: 1018
B/S/T Feedback: (14)

SB4, I'm going to ask you a direct question, for this has been on my mind for a while now.

Is your truck the first of the production run, or one of the promotional models from iHobby, year before last?.

Apart from a 2 phone pics of yours, there is no proof any production models exist, i.e., no one who has pre ordered has come forward to say they have received theirs.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:54 PM
r/c tufftruck racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badmuthatrucker View Post
SB4, I'm going to ask you a direct question, for this has been on my mind for a while now.

Is your truck the first of the production run, or one of the promotional models from iHobby, year before last?.

Apart from a 2 phone pics of yours, there is no proof any production models exist, i.e., no one who has pre ordered has come forward to say they have received theirs.
my truck is the very 1st of the production i was the 1st person on the list of orders and yes there are other trucks out there and this thread is the worst as far as negativity towards TTR if you wanna check you other blogs and see for yourself go to rcmt.com or rcdriver.com or slashracer.com and find the TTR blogs as for katan not once did he ever have anything positive to say i checked all his posts if anyone can prove me wrong i will gladly appologize
Old 01-07-2009, 05:57 PM

SB4PRO I dont need to justify my posts to you. What exactly do you contribute to this forum?....Nothing. You only post to defend TTR and attack anyone who says anything negative about them. Why are you even here? If your aim is to promote TTR and the truck then you're probably doing more harm than good. Nobody who reads your posts is going to be convinced by your posts to buy the truck.

I just looked on the RcDriver and SlashRacer forums and I did not see any posts about production trucks that have been received apart from SB4. There was a review thread on slashracer but it was a prototype.

Last edited by Katan : 01-07-2009 at 06:12 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:39 AM
I WILL Hijack & De-Rail your thread into uselessness!

Member Number: 128
B/S/T Feedback: (6)

Gotta agree with Katan! SB4, almost all of your posts are in this thread, on this truck. Katan is a great contributing member, and his posts have been very docile and well-spoken whilst yours are sounding more & more desperate. You don't like the negativity? Leave! I don't think much of you anyway, based on this thread. You must have some relation to TTR, everything you post is just a big commercial for their products. If your intention is to garner support for and positive publicity to their company, MAN you're having the opposite effect. Chris
Old 01-08-2009, 07:01 AM
FlatBrokeCustomz

Member Number: 2317
B/S/T Feedback: (11)

After all that......I just like that its 1/10th,lol
Old 01-08-2009, 07:37 AM

I actually like the truck thats why I pre-ordered one. I just dont like TTRs maketing strategy and the way they are doing business right now. Hence why I got a refund.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:59 AM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 1360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katan View Post
I actually like the truck thats why I pre-ordered one. I just dont like TTRs maketing strategy and the way they are doing business right now. Hence why I got a refund.
Given the history of this particular product, I can't imagine why ANYBODY would let TTR keep their money until they deliver the product. When was the pre-order listing on eBay, sometime in 2007? They violated the terms of that sale by not delivering the product within a certain amount of time, and have repeatedly pushed back the release date.

There have also been many frustrated customers posting about a lack of comminication from TTR, which is an unforgiveable sin in this day and age. It takes a few minutes to just hit 'reply' and tell the customer that you are experiencing production delays and give them an update.

This isn't even bringing up that, for better or worse, every change they make moves the truck further and further from the original truck that people pre-ordered.

Long ago TTR should have refunded every customer who pre-ordered AND kept their names in the que when the final product was ready.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:01 AM
r/c tufftruck racer

Know What Im Done !!!!! I Wont Be Giving Updates Or Any Info Anymore ! I Will However Continue To Monitor This Thread Just In Case Someone Might Actually Have A Legitimate ?
Old 01-08-2009, 11:15 AM
...ttr pro-2 is here

Member Number: 3830

oh, boy. I've been trying to hold off posting on the truck again until mine shows up, but I did go and check out the www.slashracer.com , which is also www.scalercracer.com , some of the same stuff going on there, but it is actually pretty cool, has a lot of info, and the administrator there has done a review and has his truck posted on there. may be worth checking it out. one small thing, on the TT site, there are pics now on the main pro-2 page that show some boxes of the truck, that I will assume is proof that they exist. I've caught a lot of crap from friends and co-workers about waiting for this truck, but aside from a few things, this site has been a helpful place for discussion, and fairly amusing...
As far as a legitimate question, does anyone have a video of the truck running other than ihobby and tt's video?
Old 01-08-2009, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr goodwinch View Post
the administrator there has done a review and has his truck posted on there.
Its a review of an old prototype.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:09 PM
I WILL Hijack & De-Rail your thread into uselessness!

Member Number: 128
B/S/T Feedback: (6)

=Me =Thundertech Chris