Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > Scale 1.9's
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Scale 1.9's Scale trucks that use 1.9" tires. Discuss your XC and similar type trucks.

Old 11-23-2010, 11:52 AM
Project #52 and counting.....

Member Number: 7439
B/S/T Feedback: (26)

Don't know how I missed this build, but found it yesterday at work and just finished reading through the whole thing, and simply amazing. You detail work is stunning and your metal work is also amazing, did you build all the parts for your 1:1 yourself as well???
wtf is wrong with me?
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 11-23-2010, 03:56 PM
London Scale Trail Runner

Member Number: 2745
B/S/T Feedback: (4)

Amazing build. 5 stars!
Old 11-27-2010, 02:47 PM
LRFFLR

Member Number: 3098
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

Best Disco around!

Look forward to next step (interior) and new vids
Old 11-28-2010, 07:39 PM
Wasting Time'r

Member Number: 12577
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuckuss99 View Post
Don't know how I missed this build, but found it yesterday at work and just finished reading through the whole thing, and simply amazing. You detail work is stunning and your metal work is also amazing, did you build all the parts for your 1:1 yourself as well???
Thanks for the compliments, but no, I did not build the parts for my 1:1. Most everything is bolt-on. I did buy my truck stock though and over a period of about 5 years built it to what it is today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonF350 View Post
Amazing build. 5 stars!
Thank you sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pana651 View Post
Best Disco around!

Look forward to next step (interior) and new vids
Thanks Pana. Got a couple more bits to work on before I start on interior. I actually have no idea where to even start when it comes to the interior. Get ready for a lot of new threads in the Help Wanted section
Old 11-28-2010, 07:51 PM
Wasting Time'r

Started working on the Roof Rack Clamps. They are coming along pretty well. The roof rack will pretty much be permanently fitted to this body. I'm ok with that though. I still have a bit of work to do, but I thought I'd post a couple of shots anyways.

So, here are the clamps cut and bent and one with the drill holes. There are 8 of these total.

Here you can see how they are fitted to the rack and body. I tried to mimic the 1:1 as best I could as they clamp under the rain gutter and bolt to the rack feet. You will also notice that there is a screw going through the rain gutter. I did this to make certain that my plastic welded on rain gutter does not fall off. The screws are covered by the rack clamps anyway. Unfortunately, I ran out of my .80 bolts and I will have to wait until Tuesday to get more from my LHS. In the meantime I will finish drilling holes in clamps and rack feet and paint the clamps to match the rack.

Thanks for looking!

Cheers,
-Steven
Old 11-28-2010, 08:09 PM
Wasting Time'r

ALMOST FORGOT... I made my license plate. I used a base of Styrene, then a printed out photo of my Tennessee tag, then the last (top) layer is the frame. A final couple coats of clear and voila! I'm pretty happy with the result.

Old 11-28-2010, 08:21 PM
I love my wife!!!!

Member Number: 1672
B/S/T Feedback: (2)

great videos man and the rack looks great! I am looking forward to a completed truck in the next video!
Old 11-29-2010, 09:06 AM

Member Number: 11771

beautifull LR im waiting for interior
Old 11-29-2010, 09:08 AM
Wasting Time'r

Opinions needed!

I'm at a crossroads here. It has to do with my roof rack lights. I currently have the wiring going to a small box secured to the roof rack that houses the excess wiring, on/off switch and battery power.

I am considering removing the box and running the wiring under the rack and through the sunroof where I could velcro the battery inside the body and place the switch somewhere else. The reason is so that I can run without anything "strapped" to the roof rack.

Or...

Leave the wiring inside a NEW box that looks more scale as seen in the photo in the above post (used to prop the body up in the photo).

Any thoughts or opinions?

Thanks,
-Steven
Old 11-29-2010, 09:04 PM
Yeah, I'm a newbie!

Member Number: 8340

I vote for the scale box on the rack. I run a disco II as a daily driver and I can't remember the last time I didn't have something tied to the top. By the way, You have more patients than me!! I would love to have this rig but I could not take the time to build it. I need a little more instant gratification. GREAT BUILD!!!
Old 11-29-2010, 09:41 PM
It's not a Toyota, It's a Land Rover!

Member Number: 8810

You can get it down to two wires entering the box (min 3 if you want switched sets of lights). You can make a connector either at the box or nearer the rack to unplug the box when you dont want it on the roof. I say leave it though. With the rack and the big tires, you're making it to look like you go off-roading, not just using it as your DD.

btw, where'd you get the scale pelican case?

Also, do you need to reprint your plate every year to be legal?
Old 11-29-2010, 10:02 PM
Rover addict

Member Number: 10725
B/S/T Feedback: (2)

The roof rack brackets are killer. I love all the crazy detailing on this thing.

I'd go with option #1 for the ability to run with less weight up top.

I like the new scale case, where'd you get it?
Old 11-29-2010, 10:30 PM
KING OF ALL

Member Number: 1439
B/S/T Feedback: (7)

Absolutely stunning work!!!
Old 11-29-2010, 10:39 PM
Wasting Time'r

I decided to put the wiring in the new case still on the roof rack. Like Max said, It's not a real daily driver, so I'm gonna go for the scale off road lots o crap in tow look. I have a second body in the works that will be for the serious off roading.

The case is pretty awesome, The folks at Sideshow really made it look like a Pelican. The case is for exclusive GI Joe figure. I have 2 of these and both were from ebay. Look up under toys/action figures/military/firefly. that search will find the suitcase or hard case (depends on ebay lister). I bought my first for $12 and the second for $5.50.

Here's a link to the last one I bought:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Old 11-29-2010, 11:47 PM
Scaler Wannabe

Member Number: 9559

Nevets, as you can tell by my Newb status and low post count, I normally surf this forum to read some cool tidbits and browse the eye candy. I myself don't possess 1/4 of the talent that many on this sight possess, and you have raised the bar my friend. What I have just finished reading, watching, and learning from you has been nothing short of amazing. I truly respect the amount of time and attention to detail that you have provided, and I further appreciate the great documentation that you have done along the way. Cheers from Asheville NC good sir, and JOB WELL DONE!