Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Monsters, Scale 4X2, & Non scale R/C > Scale 4x2 and Buggy R/C vehicles
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Scale 4x2 and Buggy R/C vehicles This is the place to put your Sand Scorchers, Bajas and other various 2wd offroad R/C's

Old 12-28-2008, 06:21 PM
Administrator - Professor Spoon! I have Evil Powers, and I teach! Mwuhahaha

Member Number: 16
B/S/T Feedback: (2)

I have one of those too....Tamiya should really pay me for all this free advertising

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 12-28-2008, 06:38 PM
are you economically viable????

Member Number: 2335
B/S/T Feedback: (18)

ive always liked the looks of the grasshopper but,never owned one,ive had foxes,frogs,bigwigs,and rc10s...still have the fox though,but,it need a little work..hey spoon,you can send that sand scorcher my way if your getting board with it..lol..
BROKE MOFO MEMBER #1
Old 12-28-2008, 07:05 PM
keep it dirty

Member Number: 5145
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon37 View Post
I have one of those too....Tamiya should really pay me for all this free advertising

That scorcher looks sweet spoon. If you have any parts you wana sell cheap let me know bro
Old 12-28-2008, 07:17 PM
keep it dirty

Quote:

That scorcher looks sweet spoon. If you have any parts you wana sell cheap let me know bro
Old 12-29-2008, 02:03 AM
Wasting Time'r

Member Number: 2588

Nice rides there Spoon. Where could I find inners for the gearbox? gears, shafts exc.... I am going for a good runner, not a full grasshopper resto. Although I think the vintage restorations are cool, I just have to much fun running my gear and would hate seeing it just sit. Im going to do a shelfer with the original parts and I may end up with the hardbody for it.
Old 12-29-2008, 02:15 AM
keep it dirty

Hey stub I feel what your saying. My big brothers in the same hobby and he's more into "restore and shelf".

Me I'm into restore, run hard, HAVE HELLA OF A LOT OF FUN , enjoy, break it, repair it, then down the line restore. And keep going.

But I'm going to be out of luck for about 3-5 months looking for good deals. I need FIVE things!
Old 12-29-2008, 05:24 AM
Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you.

Member Number: 3418

Quote:
looks like you have yourself a hornet or at least a grasshopper with body mounts for a hornet lexan body and wing.
All the parts from the D tree are not there to be a Hornet, He can easily make his runner a Hornet if he wanted to.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stub View Post
Nice rides there Spoon. Where could I find inners for the gearbox? gears, shafts exc.... I am going for a good runner, not a full grasshopper resto. Although I think the vintage restorations are cool, I just have to much fun running my gear and would hate seeing it just sit. Im going to do a shelfer with the original parts and I may end up with the hardbody for it.
If you search ebay for "Tamiya Grasshopper" Or "Tamiya Hornet" you can find all the parts for them. There are a few people who buy kits and part them out. So finding parts right now is not hard.

When you see something, just click on the "view sellers other items" and you will find who is parting them out and what parts they have. Most likely will be the parts with "Buy it now"
Old 12-29-2008, 08:29 AM
Wasting Time'r

Thanks for the tip Wayne... I do have the arms that are for the hornet so it is a possibility thats where it will go... As of now Im just having fun running it again and am hoping to keep on with adding and replacing parts... Ill soon start the shelfer build, should I go ahead and keep it in this same thread since it is going to wind up looking like a double post? Thanks for all comments folks and keep em flowing, ALL input is appreciated!
Old 12-29-2008, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stub View Post
Ill soon start the shelfer build, should I go ahead and keep it in this same thread since it is going to wind up looking like a double post?
Upto you, might make it more simple for you to fallow the progress; Sort of like a Journal. You can rename the thread to what ever you want to make them fit it.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:25 PM
Administrator - Professor Spoon! I have Evil Powers, and I teach! Mwuhahaha

Member Number: 16
B/S/T Feedback: (2)

Oh I run them dont worry - the scorcher isnt runnign atm cuz one of the ballrace on the front steering let go, and I havent got round to getting a replacement part yet. The most worrying one is the monster beetle in my avatar - that was a lengthy/expensive restore so I run it ratherly gently

I did want to keep the grashopper largely stock to see whats its like running with a heavy body, small 380 motor and 'padlatrak tyres' - bear in mind I have a fighter buggy which is like a grasshopper but with slightly more modern parts/540 motor etc - tbh the only thing I changed was to hornet spiked rear tyres, as I run it mostly on grass I found the paddle tyres a bit lacking.

I agree with waynes S tho - parted out ebay kits are the best source of spares, I have gotten things like metal parts bags when I was short of a particular set of parts (typically the 'metal parts bag A' for those tiny wheel screws).

Old 01-02-2009, 03:45 AM
keep it dirty

take some vids!
Old 01-08-2009, 08:59 PM
Wasting Time'r

Ill try to get a vid up soon... I was out running it the other day and after a minor jump I had no fwd movement, lost my pinion. So Im donating the electronics to my caprice build until I can get a new pinion gear and speed control. Im heading to my hometown and will hit a hobbyshop tomorrow, hopefully hobbytown will have what I need... Im also gonna look for a new body to bash on, maybe an alternate shock solution.
Thanks for all the comments and input folks...