Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > Scale 1.9's
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Scale 1.9's Scale trucks that use 1.9" tires. Discuss your XC and similar type trucks.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #166  
Old 03-03-2009, 03:41 PM
Boone's Avatar
Boone Boone is offline
Starting Over Again!
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The land of Sun & Dust!
Posts: 2,471
Member Number: 3771
B/S/T Feedback: (1)
Default

OK guys, been itching to do more with this Sammy, but with out the chassis parts, I found a little I could do! I shot the body with gun metal grey, applied the decals, and out-lined the body lines! I will probably start painting the interior tonight! I have to make a spare tire mount and roll cage too! After painting the shell, I kinda like the yellow wheels with the gunmetal grey! what do you guys think?


I am tossing the ideal around of making some body armor, I have the diamond plate styrene already, but I was wondering if any of you know if some one makes scale diamond plate aluminum???

I would be a excellent way to bolt the shell to the interior as well! If you could hook me up, that would be great!! Your input is always welcomed!!
Attached Images
      
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Old 03-03-2009, 03:49 PM
AeroSynch's Avatar
AeroSynch AeroSynch is offline
Oh Snap!
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 6,152
Member Number: 2437
B/S/T Feedback: (1)
Default

Looks awesome. Those are the 959 rims correct?
__________________
Luis, AeroSynch Team Driver.
Reply With Quote
  #168  
Old 03-03-2009, 03:58 PM
Vanner1993's Avatar
Vanner1993 Vanner1993 is offline
Vanner, Member of RWRC
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: At a Vannin, Central Jersey
Posts: 1,811
Member Number: 4615
B/S/T Feedback: (2)
Default

Nice, I like the paint choice
__________________
{IF THE VAN IS A'ROCKIN DON'T COME A'KNOCKIN}2%
Reply With Quote
  #169  
Old 03-03-2009, 04:03 PM
Boone's Avatar
Boone Boone is offline
Starting Over Again!
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The land of Sun & Dust!
Posts: 2,471
Member Number: 3771
B/S/T Feedback: (1)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroSynch View Post
Looks awesome. Those are the 959 rims correct?
Yep, Luis they are Tamiya Porsche 959 wheels, they are around 1.6 or 1.7's and a little narrower that the standard 1.9's. The trick with them is that they use a smaller hex, so you would have to modify your wheel hexes to make them work! I used the 959 wheel hexes bolted on top of the losi plastic hexes, and the took the cut off wheel on my dremmel and cut the plastic hex to match the 959 hex! I'll have to wait until its a runner to see how well it works!
Reply With Quote
  #170  
Old 03-03-2009, 04:03 PM
Boone's Avatar
Boone Boone is offline
Starting Over Again!
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The land of Sun & Dust!
Posts: 2,471
Member Number: 3771
B/S/T Feedback: (1)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanner1993 View Post
Nice, I like the paint choice
Thanks Vanner!
Reply With Quote
  #171  
Old 03-03-2009, 04:05 PM
Boone's Avatar
Boone Boone is offline
Starting Over Again!
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The land of Sun & Dust!
Posts: 2,471
Member Number: 3771
B/S/T Feedback: (1)
Default

Which do you guys think would look better for the interior color, black or grey??????
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 03-03-2009, 07:00 PM
1BadJeepBruiser's Avatar
1BadJeepBruiser 1BadJeepBruiser is offline
I build lots of Toyotas
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: long island , new york
Posts: 1,876
Member Number: 188
B/S/T Feedback: (9)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone View Post
Which do you guys think would look better for the interior color, black or grey??????

Gray, this way you can see all the awesome detail

Wedico makes some scale diamond plate in aluminum, here is a link : http://www.gardentrucking.com/produc...ginals/471.jpg

I have used it before myself, kinda pricey but is nice.

-Mike
__________________
MSD Team Driver RC4WD Team Driver
TCSCrawlers.com
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 03-03-2009, 07:36 PM
stub's Avatar
stub stub is offline
Wasting Time'r
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: indiana
Posts: 287
Member Number: 2588
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default

Lookin nice... Cant wait to see more.
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old 03-03-2009, 10:18 PM
Boone's Avatar
Boone Boone is offline
Starting Over Again!
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The land of Sun & Dust!
Posts: 2,471
Member Number: 3771
B/S/T Feedback: (1)
Default



The interior is painted, I need to figure something out for the gauges! More to come!!
Attached Images
      
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old 03-03-2009, 10:21 PM
Boone's Avatar
Boone Boone is offline
Starting Over Again!
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The land of Sun & Dust!
Posts: 2,471
Member Number: 3771
B/S/T Feedback: (1)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
Gray, this way you can see all the awesome detail

Wedico makes some scale diamond plate in aluminum, here is a link : http://www.gardentrucking.com/produc...ginals/471.jpg

I have used it before myself, kinda pricey but is nice.

-Mike
Thanks for the heads up Mike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stub View Post
Lookin nice... Cant wait to see more.
Thanks, I just posted some more for ya!
Reply With Quote
  #176  
Old 03-03-2009, 10:30 PM
4RUNN1's Avatar
4RUNN1 4RUNN1 is offline
Do you ever leave the board?
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: sunny socal
Posts: 1,165
Member Number: 3400
B/S/T Feedback: (1)
Default

I'm speechless
Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old 03-03-2009, 10:38 PM
pantablo's Avatar
pantablo pantablo is offline
Mr. Tire Guy
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posts: 10,891
Member Number: 3012
B/S/T Feedback: (2)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone View Post
Yep, Luis they are Tamiya Porsche 959 wheels, they are around 1.6 or 1.7's and a little narrower that the standard 1.9's. The trick with them is that they use a smaller hex, so you would have to modify your wheel hexes to make them work! I used the 959 wheel hexes bolted on top of the losi plastic hexes, and the took the cut off wheel on my dremmel and cut the plastic hex to match the 959 hex! I'll have to wait until its a runner to see how well it works!
color looks great! definitely grey on the interior to show off the detail-which is great too! awesome build. I'm digging the yellow wheels too.

1.6-1.7 you say? mmmm must know more...
__________________
Pablo
Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old 03-03-2009, 10:47 PM
holdenhz's Avatar
holdenhz holdenhz is offline
Old Time'r
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: perth western australia
Posts: 996
Member Number: 3987
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default

Looking mighty sweet boone
Color choice works as well,not sure on the rims.
For the gauges print out some dials,cut them out.
Then put a light covering of clear nail polish on the surface they will be mounted on then put the paper dial on it and let it cure.
If the dial surface has a lip around it you can then load up the face of the dial with a couple of drops of nail polish it will look like it has glass over it when it dry's.
Plus it is all water proof.
__________________
NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU POLISH IT A TURD IS STILL A TURD.
but you can allways roll it in glitter!!!
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old 03-03-2009, 10:59 PM
Boone's Avatar
Boone Boone is offline
Starting Over Again!
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The land of Sun & Dust!
Posts: 2,471
Member Number: 3771
B/S/T Feedback: (1)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantablo View Post
color looks great! definitely grey on the interior to show off the detail-which is great too! awesome build. I'm digging the yellow wheels too.

1.6-1.7 you say? mmmm must know more...
Thanks Pablo, the wheels measure 1 13/16 inch at its widest point top to bottom and is 15/16 inch wide!! They are getting hard to find though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by holdenhz View Post
Looking mighty sweet boone
Color choice works as well,not sure on the rims.
For the gauges print out some dials,cut them out.
Then put a light covering of clear nail polish on the surface they will be mounted on then put the paper dial on it and let it cure.
If the dial surface has a lip around it you can then load up the face of the dial with a couple of drops of nail polish it will look like it has glass over it when it dry's.
Plus it is all water proof.
I have the white version of these wheels coming,(even harder to find!) Thanks for the kind words!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4RUNN1 View Post
I'm speechless
Thanks 4RUNNER1! Don't you know I'm trying to impress!
Reply With Quote
  #180  
Old 03-04-2009, 01:51 PM
pana651's Avatar
pana651 pana651 is offline
LRFFLR
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,045
Member Number: 3098
B/S/T Feedback: (1)
Default

Awesome job on the little Suz

Interior looks superb, and so do the wheels with tires, just perfect!

Personally wouldn't I go for the yellow wheels, although it's not too bad either...
Reply With Quote


Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2014, Scale 4x4 R/C