Scale 4x4 R/C Forums

Scale 4x4 R/C Forums (https://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Scale 4x2 and Buggy R/C vehicles (https://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Have I missed the Scorpion re-re discussion? (https://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=78194)

Suprachrgd82 04-20-2015 03:48 PM

Nope. It's dry. They include gaskets in the parts bags if you want to fill the diff. Tamiya AWG works well if you prefer grease.

olblueyez 04-20-2015 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suprachrgd82 (Post 1027904)
Nope. It's dry. They include gaskets in the parts bags if you want to fill the diff. Tamiya AWG works well if you prefer grease.

Which one do you prefer?

olblueyez 04-20-2015 10:18 PM

Got the "Crap" inside the tub sorted. What a PITA getting everything to fit.

Suprachrgd82 04-21-2015 10:51 AM

I use the Tamiya AWG in most all of the diffs I build. It's thick so it gives a slight "posi" effect, but not to so much that it causes understeer. I've never had a car with fluid filled diffs, so I don't really have anything to compare it to.

Lovely work you done on the electronics. That really is a stunning chassis.

olblueyez 04-21-2015 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suprachrgd82 (Post 1027955)
I use the Tamiya AWG in most all of the diffs I build. It's thick so it gives a slight "posi" effect, but not to so much that it causes understeer. I've never had a car with fluid filled diffs, so I don't really have anything to compare it to.

Lovely work you done on the electronics. That really is a stunning chassis.

Thanks Much,

I got my proxxon (grinder) out and took the antenna mount off and it made a nice platform for my power switch, kinda got lucky on that one.

The rest was a bunch of trial and error fitting. The motor pass through had to be extended and dulled for the 4 wire motor.

I opened my diff today and it was packed with some yellow grease that kyosho installed so I greased the out drives and put it back together. If yours was dry than maybe "Everyone Should Open The Diff Before Installation And Check For Lubricant" before installing the factory diff per the instructions.

Bought some debonder today so I can clean up the crap job I did gluing the tires. :)

Arcocustom 04-22-2015 05:29 PM

Kyosho 2015 Tomahawk
Expected Release Date: July 2015

http://www.redrc.net/2015/04/kyosho-...-the-tomahawk/

DIS - Body, Tomahawk (Part Number SC71)
https://kyoshoamerica.3dcartstores.c...k_p_20968.html

"The body is made from the exact same mould that was used to make the original body all those years ago."

"bright red anodized aluminum shocks"

olblueyez 04-22-2015 05:58 PM

Its sweet right!?

Arcocustom 04-23-2015 01:57 PM

Quote:

The Tomahawk was the third buggy released by Kyosho to use this light and competitive chassis (following the Scorpion and the Beetle), and it was designed to be Kyosho’s top electric racing buggy when it was released in 1983. With a 2WD drivetrain, a lightweight polycarbonate body and agile suspension, plus a 540 motor, the Tomahawk was designed to be among the quickest buggies available at the time. Today it is remembered for not only being a good performer, but for being one of Kyosho’s most beautiful and realistic looking R/C buggies – from a time when all R/C models were designed to look like the real thing. It even has fabric window netting. In my book, the Tomahawk is a must-have if you enjoy collecting 1980s R/C kit buggies, particularly those from the pre-1987 era when realism (and not just performance) was paramount in R/C buggy design.

1985 IMFAR World Champion Kyosho Tomahawk

1985 ROAR Champion Cox Scorpion

Liking the new version and also have two of the original examples in the collection.

Kyosho 2015 Tomahawk - (Part Number 30615B)

olblueyez 04-25-2015 08:56 PM

Thanks to Chris at Rogue Element Components for the Cool Roof Panel www.RogueElementComponents.com

9 months collecting parts and building. DONE!!! :D

Suprachrgd82 04-25-2015 10:14 PM

Looks fantastic! The red, satin, and gold really looks great together. You got every hop-up conceivable, huh?

And brushless with LiPo? You'll get bored before it runs out of juice!

olblueyez 04-25-2015 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suprachrgd82 (Post 1028224)
Looks fantastic! The red, satin, and gold really looks great together. You got every hop-up conceivable, huh?

And brushless with LiPo? You'll get bored before it runs out of juice!

Hey Thanks!

Only hop-up missing is the carbon motor plate. Its even got the x-rings in the shocks.

Took it for a beat down the street with a 1350 lipo,,... BWAAAAAAACCKKKKKK,,... and it was sliding down the street on the motor cage and front wheels pointing at the sky.

I'm not sure what to do with the springs. Kyosho put medium springs on the rear. Mediums usually go on the front. The spring adjusters are almost out of thread with that big TP battery. Go with a long version of the same spring or go with a long spring that is stronger?

I'm thinkin longer dark yellows in the rear.

olblueyez 04-27-2015 01:16 PM

What are we supposed to do for front foams? Kyosho is screwing the pooch on this one.

olblueyez 04-29-2015 02:40 PM

Got about 35 minutes run time with the peddle to the metal the entire time. Motor was barely warm.

olblueyez 06-04-2015 05:22 PM

Anyone try shimming the front suspension to eliminate the wobble in the front wheels?

Suprachrgd82 07-19-2015 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez (Post 1030596)
Anyone try shimming the front suspension to eliminate the wobble in the front wheels?

Did you come up witha ysolutions to tighten up the steering!