Scale 4x4 R/C Forums

Scale 4x4 R/C Forums (https://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Scale 4x2 and Buggy R/C vehicles (https://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Scorcher Pickup (https://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=61233)

FLB 05-23-2011 05:03 PM

4 Attachment(s)
got more done today-narrowed the steelies to fit the tires-got them all mounted for a tight fit. These tires are not really meant for rc but I am going to try them out anyway 'cause I like the way they look. I need to make some spacers for the fronts so the hubs don't rub on the arms. Feels pretty solid right now but I need to get the electronics in to do a few test runs to make sure everything stays together!

2k2cse 05-23-2011 05:16 PM

:drool: this is looking great! I can't wait to see it finished. When I first saw the pictures of the 1:1, I wasn't sure if I liked it or not, but I do now :D

FLB 05-23-2011 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xlt2k (Post 827839)
:drool: this is looking great! I can't wait to see it finished. When I first saw the pictures of the 1:1, I wasn't sure if I liked it or not, but I do now :D

Hey thanks!
-same thing here-the 1:1 was not too cool at first but it grew on me. Its for reference only too. I might do some of the details differently and def will not use that color!

2k2cse 05-23-2011 10:37 PM

I'd love to see where you go with the design. Any plans on paint scheme yet? I think it would look cool either in the typical hot rod flat black with white scallops, with a red outline, or as a more modern hot rod with a nice metallic paint.

FLB 05-24-2011 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xlt2k (Post 827896)
I'd love to see where you go with the design. Any plans on paint scheme yet? I think it would look cool either in the typical hot rod flat black with white scallops, with a red outline, or as a more modern hot rod with a nice metallic paint.

All good suggestions. My last build build was flat black/red wheels/white walls-so maybe something different. I was actually thinking of raw metal and rust-?

2k2cse 05-24-2011 10:39 AM

That sounds like it would be pretty cool.

Mitsubichi_rock_Crawler 05-24-2011 02:36 PM

still looking great, maybe one idea to think about is using some smaller brass tube to make a frame and getting some like.. canvas or something to make a functional ragtop for it.. ya know it has to rain sometime ha.. also any idea or plan on making the rear wheels wider than they are now?

FLB 05-24-2011 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitsubichi_rock_Crawler (Post 828103)
still looking great, maybe one idea to think about is using some smaller brass tube to make a frame and getting some like.. canvas or something to make a functional ragtop for it.. ya know it has to rain sometime ha.. also any idea or plan on making the rear wheels wider than they are now?

thanks
you are spot on about a top-just not there yet-I am trying to figure out what to do with the bed and I am not good at multi-tasking. Just ask my wife! It so happens that I have some pie crust slicks for the rear but have been on a fence: skinnies all around vs slicks and skinnies-I will put them on for feedback.

FLB 05-25-2011 10:15 AM

2 Attachment(s)
So I wound up fabbing an old Tonka pickup bed to see how it looks. I think the steel looks pretty scale and it should be durable. Its just sitting on there for now-need to do a tailgate to keep it all straight and stuff-

FLB 05-25-2011 10:17 AM

2 Attachment(s)
and here are what the slicks look like-I know it would be cool but I am not sure yet....lemme know what you think-slicks or skinnies in the back?

lemecanodejante 05-25-2011 11:37 AM

look more better with slick for me:)

:popcorn:

Banana 05-25-2011 12:46 PM

+1 for the slicks from me too ;)

this is a fantastic build, your beetles are something incredible :banana::chug:

I think it will be cool if you let it's body in primer color...Tamiya gray primer and Putty gray :lol: lot of rat style :)

FLB 05-25-2011 02:02 PM

4 Attachment(s)
added a tailgate and raised the bed up a bit-I think it looks better. Still just sitting on there-need to add braces in the rear. Right now the bed is just bolted to the back of the cab.

FLB 05-25-2011 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemecanodejante (Post 828400)
look more better with slick for me:)

:popcorn:

ok-i am being swayed....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banana (Post 828422)
+1 for the slicks from me too ;)

this is a fantastic build, your beetles are something incredible :banana::chug:

I think it will be cool if you let it's body in primer color...Tamiya gray primer and Putty gray :lol: lot of rat style :)

Thanks man. I need to do some spacers to add the slicks since they will rub on my suspension pivot but nothing I can't figure out. I agree-I am def thinking primer and maybe lots of rust on this one. Appreciate the comments!

tamiya cc-01 05-25-2011 02:26 PM

:popcorn: Im watching you!:)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2019, Scale 4x4 R/C