Scale 4x4 R/C Forums

Scale 4x4 R/C Forums (https://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Scale 4x2 and Buggy R/C vehicles (https://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Scorcher Pickup (https://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=61233)

Spoon37 05-25-2011 03:52 PM

I dunno, I like the size of the slicks but the edge profile looks too new/squared... I guess my ideal would be larger skinnies if that makes sense?(like more width and sidewall on same rims)

love the overall stance though :chug:

:banana:

FLB 05-25-2011 07:15 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spoon37 (Post 828548)
I dunno, I like the size of the slicks but the edge profile looks too new/squared... I guess my ideal would be larger skinnies if that makes sense?(like more width and sidewall on same rims)

love the overall stance though :chug:

:banana:

The only other option (and I am not saying I don't like the way it is) is to add smaller tires to the front-but a lot of the rides I've seen have same size all around.

Banana 05-26-2011 02:37 AM

the last one is my favourite volksrod ever ^_^
I think you can use narrow tires in rear as in front, but you'll need to shorten the wheelbase because of with narrow tires it looks too "stretched" :thinking:

with slicks it's perfect, IMO :)

Badboy 05-26-2011 08:33 AM

Awesome built!
I would stretch the rear bed litte longer, the last pic looks wierd when the bed are longer in the "front" (up against the body) than the rear sticking out.
Maybe just me...

Badboy

FLB 05-26-2011 10:31 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Banana (Post 828705)
the last one is my favourite volksrod ever ^_^
I think you can use narrow tires in rear as in front, but you'll need to shorten the wheelbase because of with narrow tires it looks too "stretched" :thinking:

with slicks it's perfect, IMO :)

I am going with slicks! I am sold-I also can use the other skinnies for another build-tbd.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Badboy (Post 828772)
Awesome built!
I would stretch the rear bed litte longer, the last pic looks wierd when the bed are longer in the "front" (up against the body) than the rear sticking out.
Maybe just me...

Badboy

Both of you are correct on the wheelbase-I needed to adjust. So here we are, with slicks and adjusted wheelbase:

Badboy 05-26-2011 03:36 PM

That my friend is an awesome machine!!!:Happybounce::banana::woohoo:

Badboy

Spoon37 05-26-2011 05:02 PM

looks good man :nice:

slicks are growing on me - might just need that mold line scrubbed off to look like they are actually used on a car...

:banana:

FLB 05-26-2011 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badboy (Post 828886)
That my friend is an awesome machine!!!:Happybounce::banana::woohoo:

Badboy

Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spoon37 (Post 828917)
looks good man :nice:

slicks are growing on me - might just need that mold line scrubbed off to look like they are actually used on a car...

:banana:

I will guess that one good run on concrete will do the trick!

Banana 05-27-2011 03:51 AM

awesome car :)

will you make full interiors for it? Hope you will :excited:

The new wheelbase matches perfectly the car ;) what kind of motor will it run?
The only beetle you didn't do is a drag one XD

FLB 05-27-2011 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banana (Post 829036)
awesome car :)

will you make full interiors for it? Hope you will :excited:

The new wheelbase matches perfectly the car ;) what kind of motor will it run?
The only beetle you didn't do is a drag one XD

Thank you. Yes for interior! It has the RS540 Tamiya motor. Drag one could be cool-although I might take a break on VW's after this one!

Mitsubichi_rock_Crawler 05-27-2011 09:30 AM

looks amazing.. super bad ***.. cant wait to see this finished and all painted up. and driving on its own. about the tires i think id prefer the first ones more after seeing both sets on em haha.

Banana 05-28-2011 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLB (Post 829051)
although I might take a break on VW's after this one!

LOL maybe you made too much VWs :crazy:
and they are all awesome models...:beer&buddy:

FLB 05-28-2011 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitsubichi_rock_Crawler (Post 829077)
looks amazing.. super bad ***.. cant wait to see this finished and all painted up. and driving on its own. about the tires i think id prefer the first ones more after seeing both sets on em haha.

Hey thanks! Well-I have the slicks on here now after some tweaking and spacers. If they wind up not being right in the end I can switch back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banana (Post 829298)
LOL maybe you made too much VWs :crazy:
and they are all awesome models...:beer&buddy:

I need to finish this one before I even think of another build...or I will not finish this one and start another build (won't happen!). Appreciate your comments!

bajaboy5b 05-28-2011 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLB (Post 829051)
take a break on VW's after this one!

nooooo make as many scale ones as there are real ones :crazy:
:postwhore:



Jeremy

FLB 05-29-2011 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bajaboy5b (Post 829476)
nooooo make as many scale ones as there are real ones :crazy:
:postwhore:



Jeremy

Lol! Yeah-that's all I need-my wife has already threatened me with "you should just sleep in the shop"!!!:D


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2019, Scale 4x4 R/C