Scale 4x4 R/C Forums

Scale 4x4 R/C Forums (https://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Scale 4x2 and Buggy R/C vehicles (https://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Scorcher Pickup (https://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=61233)

FLB 06-13-2011 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imthatguy (Post 834026)
What a gorgeous build. You've really knocked it out of the park. Ingenious use of nylons too!

Thanks much.
I don't know of two many uses for nylons other than this and a cheap Halloween costume.

Banana 06-13-2011 02:23 PM

great soft top :) very realistic :burnout:

what about putting a micro servo under the steering wheel's hub for having working steerwheel? :p

LOL It's becoming perfect

Spoon37 06-13-2011 03:07 PM

:omg:

I seem to have missed a few pages lol... I left this thread when it looked like a cut up body + frame and now its looking awesome! :chug:

Great work :nice:

:banana:

FLB 06-13-2011 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banana (Post 834069)
great soft top :) very realistic :burnout:

what about putting a micro servo under the steering wheel's hub for having working steerwheel? :p

LOL It's becoming perfect

Great idea but I would need a trailer for my battery!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spoon37 (Post 834090)
:omg:

I seem to have missed a few pages lol... I left this thread when it looked like a cut up body + frame and now its looking awesome! :chug:

Great work :nice:

:banana:

Cool-thanks! I am diggin all the great feedback and input-

FLB 06-13-2011 03:47 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Minor update-seats (thank you, bin of Kubelwagen parts), shifter/handbrake and more outside details. Next time I'll have more to talk about!

caprinut 06-14-2011 12:36 PM

This is so freaking good:nice::chug:

Fantastic work mate, you are now my VW hero:crazy:
And thanx for the button cover tips, I've been looking for a long time for something to use as hub covers, and you came with the answear:nice:
Do you know it the are hub covers that are more curved, i.e the center part is furter away from the flange side than the shallow ones you are using?

FLB 06-14-2011 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caprinut (Post 834355)
This is so freaking good:nice::chug:

Fantastic work mate, you are now my VW hero:crazy:
And thanx for the button cover tips, I've been looking for a long time for something to use as hub covers, and you came with the answear:nice:
Do you know it the are hub covers that are more curved, i.e the center part is furter away from the flange side than the shallow ones you are using?

Hey-thanks for the great words! These are more like "dog dish" hubcaps vs "baby moons" but the closest I have seen. I believe one could also use the hubcaps from the 1/8 Monogram Big T-as the tires I am using are from the same kit.

FLB 06-15-2011 07:29 PM

4 Attachment(s)
A few more shots-more minor details done.

Mitsubichi_rock_Crawler 06-16-2011 07:06 PM

lookin amazing, the rear vent in the bed look good, though the intake scoops are a little crooked, but who cares haha

FLB 06-16-2011 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitsubichi_rock_Crawler (Post 835288)
lookin amazing, the rear vent in the bed look good, though the intake scoops are a little crooked, but who cares haha

Hey it's a rat rod-there is no room for precision-:D

FLB 07-06-2011 01:01 PM

5 Attachment(s)
some gratuitous outdoor shots-new hubcaps, lights, etc-all the outer work is done. I am now running wires for the electronics-will have updated pics soon

Banana 07-09-2011 05:13 AM

but...did you put wideners on rear hubs?
it's too wide, there is too much space from the bed to the wheel...:blush:

IMHO obviously ;)

FLB 07-09-2011 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banana (Post 841963)
but...did you put wideners on rear hubs?
it's too wide, there is too much space from the bed to the wheel...:blush:

IMHO obviously ;)

No-I hear you-I had a few tire choices on there when I laid out the suspension and wound up here with these slicks. When I had some wider tires on there is was less of an issue. My problem is the axle length and the domino effect-If I narrow the axles, the suspension needs to come in as well-and it would interfere with the bed. You see it in the worst from the rear shot bit it's not so bad when you look at normal angles. I need to live with it for now.

markbt73 07-09-2011 07:37 PM

Looks great - love the license plate. Going to be quite a trick hiding all the electronics, I bet.

FLB 07-09-2011 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markbt73 (Post 842128)
Looks great - love the license plate. Going to be quite a trick hiding all the electronics, I bet.

Actually, everything fits under the front end of the body-I will post pics as soon as I have it all sorted.