Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Monsters, Scale 4X2, & Non scale R/C > Scale 4x2 and Buggy R/C vehicles
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Scale 4x2 and Buggy R/C vehicles This is the place to put your Sand Scorchers, Bajas and other various 2wd offroad R/C's

Old 07-09-2011, 06:39 AM
fat vixen wanting to be incharge

Member Number: 13530
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Cool the vixies review of the losi XXX SCB

ok.. so i wanted to get back in to off road fast fun, yesterday i picked up the new losi XXX SCB buggy and in my opinion it looks very nice, the roll cage is surdy and locks in to reciver holes in the chassis offering a stiff durable chassis. the 3 piece body looks quite nise with the flimsy rubber window net to flap in the wind liek the real thing, the driver figure is not as high detail but good enough, the wheels and tire combis is not to bad, but the rear wheels are a 12mm hex and the front uses 5x10 bearings so would only take slash wheels....unless you get the axle conversion for the front to take AE SC wheels with the 3/16x3/8 bearings. ok.....performance. out of the box it..........SUCKS!!! it handles very very well with the pre-set set up but the motor lacks power! the ESC comes preset at lipo so the battery is getting restricted if you start with a NIMH, the EC2 connector has to go, put a deans on. the LM 32k "performance motor.....a 1980's radioshack r/c could outrun that thing. you can get bette rperformance by putting in a good race motor since the ESC will handle down to a 12t motor. the gearing is a 16/88. in mine i put a new team orion method 15x2 motor in and today going to swap out the 16t pinion for a 17t. no this thing comes with full bearings, but they're the metal shielded type for the most part, the rear axles are true CVD's... nice touch losi, the shocks are aluminum body with clamp type preloaders. the body i got is the rockstar energy version and they offer the stronghold/lucas body and the readylift body and all 3 look great. the rims are the silver XXX-SCT rims with their version of a proline bowtie glued to the rims and seem to have a medium foam inside. the battery compartment will handle up to an 8.4v NIMH pack and take any 7.4 hard case lipo pack with its center mount battery strap that slips in to a notch on the rear of the tray and held down with a single pin at the front. the battery area is good and snug to keep the battery from shifting side to side and comes with 5 pieces of precut foam to move the battery front or rear, mine is set with 2 foams rear and 3 front placing the weight more on the rear tires. the RTR springs are good, shocks seem smooth and half throttle cornering on dirt with the race motor (a true race motor) is quite well with just enough body roll. overall i'd say this thing is great out of the box, only gonna give it 4 stars, knocking one off for the motor. the spektrum DSM radio seems to be good, it has the spectrum SR300 reciver and is prebound to the transmitter. however i am going to look in to the axle conversion to take the AE size SC rims since i have a good set of proline beadlocks for the front, just need slash style for the rear. i highly recommend this capable little buggy, and unlike the toy looking ones that you would see the real versions just hopping around some stadium...this has the looks of one running the baja 1000 and put some sand paddles on the rear and razors up front and you have a sand rail *thumbs up* so i'd say get this. $250 isn't a bad deal for a RTR and eventho its a losi, i'd say they came a long way with this one and went in the right direction regarding durability.
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 07-09-2011, 07:56 AM
Varyag og Muspelheim

Member Number: 1018
B/S/T Feedback: (14)

I had the same opinion of the stock motor in the other SCB, the Ultima DB. Slow as....
Old 07-09-2011, 06:23 PM

i also found that if you swap out the 16t pinion for an 18, you'll get a bit more speed and the motor and ESC will be a bit cooler but the battery seems to always get very hot when in a heavy r/c.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:40 PM
I wanna be a team driver

Member Number: 12345

Old 07-09-2011, 07:41 PM

not my pic but same one i have. no pix f mine till real upgrades.
http://www.shortcourse.eu/wp-content...iXXX-SCB-1.jpg
Old 07-10-2011, 12:37 PM
Administrator - Professor Spoon! I have Evil Powers, and I teach! Mwuhahaha

Member Number: 16
B/S/T Feedback: (2)

Doesnt sound too bad overall - grab the RTR and a better motor to go with it I guess...

running pics would be cool though

Old 07-10-2011, 09:12 PM
Screamapillar

Member Number: 13559
B/S/T Feedback: (27)

WOuld love to see a side by side comparison with the Kyosho Ultima DB