Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > In General > Scale 4x4 R/C Official Regional Clubs > Lincs R/C Offroad
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Lincs R/C Offroad Home to the Lincolnshire, UK R/C Offroad club.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:54 AM
♫▂▃▅▆MONSTER ENERGY™▆▅▃▂♫

Member Number: 1370
B/S/T Feedback: (6)

Do the stock bumpers on my 350 count as scale bumpers?

And do I get -3 for each one?

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 05-26-2010, 04:40 PM
I never leave, but my wife did!

Member Number: 2929
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

and would the back of my landy count as dropped bed? i cut the original interior away and replaced it with a dropped style one... its not technicaly a pickup mind.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:29 PM

also, winches... if your aloud to use them in the comp without points being added, is it fair to take points away aswell for having one? most the time a winch will help, unless we're running timed gates or you have points added for use and then handicap system becomes unfair to other competitors...
Old 05-27-2010, 12:45 PM

I have a question about rolling and such

If you roll over, you get a roll point. If you winch out you don't get a touch point. But if you roll over, and have to pick it up do you get a roll AND a touch point?

Also what if you roll over but all the way around and land back on all 4 wheels do you still get the roll point?
Old 05-27-2010, 01:27 PM
LINCS RC OFFROAD

Member Number: 5457
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8te-penguin™ View Post
I have a question about rolling and such

If you roll over, you get a roll point. If you winch out you don't get a touch point. But if you roll over, and have to pick it up do you get a roll AND a touch point?

Also what if you roll over but all the way around and land back on all 4 wheels do you still get the roll point?
HOPE THIS HELPS

Reverse:
Using the throttle to reverse course. Non powered roll backs are allowed. During gated courses each driver is allowed 1 reverse per gate without penalty.

Rollover:
Points are assessed when a vehicle rolls over and does not right itself or can not be righted without touching. Winching is allowed without incurring a penalty. Once righted the vehicle must be driven back into position. All gates not already cleared are still live while on a gated course.

Gate:
Failure to pass all 4 wheels through a gate or touching a gate with any part of the vehicle. Gate must be cleared in its intended direction. Winching through a gate is allowed. Once a gate is cleared that gate is dead.

Touch:
Any contact made to the vehicle by any person during a run. If the touch is resulting in the vehicle being placed back on course the vehicle may not be placed any further forward than the most recent point of progress.

Winch:
Winches may be used at any time along the course without penalty unless any part of the winch touches a gate. If that occurs a gate penalty will be assessed.

Time:
A 5:00 minute (or 1 minute per gate) time limit can be applied per run, this is not required and will be at the discretion of those judging the courses.

DNF:
If a vehicle is unable to complete the course regardless of reason a DNF will be assessed. If a DNF is assessed then they will be scored with +40 points add to their current point total plus 5 points for every gate not completed.

*Buddy System:
When the buddy system is in use 2 vehicles will run the course,Buddy pairing will also be decided by chance. Method of determination will be decided on site based on number of participants.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Do the stock bumpers on my 350 count as scale bumpers?

And do I get -3 for each one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by landrover 4x4 View Post
and would the back of my landy count as dropped bed? i cut the original interior away and replaced it with a dropped style one... its not technicaly a pickup mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by landrover 4x4 View Post
also, winches... if your aloud to use them in the comp without points being added, is it fair to take points away aswell for having one? most the time a winch will help, unless we're running timed gates or you have points added for use and then handicap system becomes unfair to other competitors...
What about these?

Old 05-31-2010, 04:38 PM
LINCS RC OFFROAD

Quote:
What about these?

the idea behind scale points is to add scale appearance to your rig and your stock fit bumpers are part of the stock body.... so nope sorry bud you dont..lol

may not get points as dropped bed but sure will for major body mods.

as for winches.....A, they add scale realism to the truck(aim of scale points) B,they add extra weight and drain on batts unless you add its own batt(more weight). C,goes back to lightweight comp rigg(no add ons) v scale trucks with plenty of stuff onboard..

oh and guys it may be scale open comp ... but its still meant to be fun..
Old 05-31-2010, 04:50 PM

wasnt being picky
cant run a winch with me though, i doubt a 3racing winch would pull my truck and i cant afford a bulldog.
i dont remember getting stuck anyway
Old 05-31-2010, 05:13 PM
Why do people play mind games ????

Member Number: 11369

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz View Post
right ill stick a chainsaw and cooler box on the back of my lexan landy and go from there!!

ill be at the back whatever anyhow!!!

to be entirely honest, the last 2 comps have been more of a laugh and meeting new people rather than the driving.

on a slightly different note, all the "scale" rules amount to the same thing in my opinion....

who has the most money!!!!!

although the only proper mod ill be making is a working winch, dont be fooled though, its more for pulling itself onto its transport trailer.
Just been reading through this debate on scale items and its for people who have money, well i don't have the money i just have the patience to sit and build scale items for example all i have got on my rig is a sledge hammer,axe,shovel,power tank,fire extinguisher,and a 3 way hook made from a fishing hook ... and as i have been looking about on 1.1 forums they do carry these items . so i hope we will get scored on these , as i run a tamiya hilux witch has had a lot of mods made to it but its still not as good as say a honcho . but the scale items will even the score out at the end and most of all its about having fun and meeting great people ....................

sorry to go on just been bugging me ..............
Old 06-02-2010, 01:54 PM
LINCS RC OFFROAD

right then folks ive been given some great prizes for the raffle ......
2 x tickets to either billing or peterborough landrover show
oh and a weeks holiday in france just to mention a few..
Old 06-02-2010, 02:20 PM

epic prizes
who else is camping..?
Old 06-02-2010, 02:29 PM
LINCS RC OFFROAD

even tho i live only 1 mile away im going to camp over , can enjoy all the fun that way..
Old 06-02-2010, 03:22 PM
Do you ever leave the board?

Member Number: 10558

Yea you just want to get drunk ;p
Old 06-05-2010, 03:15 AM
LINCS RC OFFROAD

who would be up for a bit of retro racing fun on the Saturday funday?? be it a lunch box a sand scorcher or ford ranger, make a bit of a course on the race track a couple of small ish jumps over the track edge pipe...

Last edited by denty : 06-05-2010 at 03:27 AM.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:37 AM
Do you ever leave the board?

Member Number: 10558

If I can get it done in time I will be, I've a box of old bits here I bought from a neighbour a few weeks ago I've yet to do anything with.