Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > In General > Scale 4x4 R/C Official Regional Clubs > London Scale Trail Runners
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1711  
Old 07-07-2010, 08:39 AM
tempra007's Avatar
tempra007 tempra007 is offline
1
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Fulbeck, Lincs
Posts: 2,584
Member Number: 3568
B/S/T Feedback: (6)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay1 View Post
Has the rash all cleared up now then.................
don't know?, are you still taking your medication? if you are it should clear up soon.



on second thoughts do thay have medication for what you have?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links


The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
  #1712  
Old 07-07-2010, 08:41 AM
jay1's Avatar
jay1 jay1 is offline
Why do people play mind games ????
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Romford
Posts: 4,976
Member Number: 11369
B/S/T Feedback: (1)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempra007 View Post
don't know?, are you still taking your medication? if you are it should clear up soon.



on second thoughts do thay have medication for what you have?

So were you been then ????????????????????????????

We have missed the gold hilux
Reply With Quote
  #1713  
Old 07-07-2010, 08:52 AM
tempra007's Avatar
tempra007 tempra007 is offline
1
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Fulbeck, Lincs
Posts: 2,584
Member Number: 3568
B/S/T Feedback: (6)
Default

just been chillin, doing new projects, hummer, landy and high lift (no pictures till I'm ready).
do yoiu mean this hilux




oop's forgot to say it has a new body
Reply With Quote
  #1714  
Old 07-07-2010, 08:58 AM
jay1's Avatar
jay1 jay1 is offline
Why do people play mind games ????
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Romford
Posts: 4,976
Member Number: 11369
B/S/T Feedback: (1)
Default

So what will you be using on the 25th or arnt you coming mate
Reply With Quote
  #1715  
Old 07-07-2010, 09:10 AM
Dready's Avatar
Dready Dready is offline
Bucket List 1) Get a Truck on American TV. Completed
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: London
Posts: 10,351
Member Number: 2380
B/S/T Feedback: (18)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by denty View Post
sorry to jump onboard, but why are leafers getting points off??

and winches get you points??

why would a winch fitted to an offroad vehicle be frowned upon??

i use my winch because i build and drive my riggs like challenge trucks.

Because
a leafed truck will never be able to compete with a Linkd Honcho.

And a Truck fitted with a winch has an advantage over a truck that doesn't

I was trying to make it fairer on those without deep pockets
Reply With Quote
  #1716  
Old 07-07-2010, 10:43 AM
I Can Crawl's Avatar
I Can Crawl I Can Crawl is offline
Old Time'r
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Kent, United Kingdom
Posts: 556
Member Number: 8200
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dready View Post
Because

I was trying to make it fairer on those without deep pockets
Good man.
Reply With Quote
  #1717  
Old 07-07-2010, 11:23 AM
Dready's Avatar
Dready Dready is offline
Bucket List 1) Get a Truck on American TV. Completed
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: London
Posts: 10,351
Member Number: 2380
B/S/T Feedback: (18)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Can Crawl View Post
Good man.

You got a Honcho so there's no excuses there!!
Reply With Quote
  #1718  
Old 07-07-2010, 12:11 PM
jay1's Avatar
jay1 jay1 is offline
Why do people play mind games ????
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Romford
Posts: 4,976
Member Number: 11369
B/S/T Feedback: (1)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Can Crawl View Post
Good man.
Winkle , you wont recognize this cc01....lol

did you have any spare part's for it mate ...
Reply With Quote
  #1719  
Old 07-07-2010, 12:46 PM
I Can Crawl's Avatar
I Can Crawl I Can Crawl is offline
Old Time'r
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Kent, United Kingdom
Posts: 556
Member Number: 8200
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default

Noo it never breaks so didn't need any.
Reply With Quote
  #1720  
Old 07-07-2010, 12:49 PM
jay1's Avatar
jay1 jay1 is offline
Why do people play mind games ????
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Romford
Posts: 4,976
Member Number: 11369
B/S/T Feedback: (1)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Can Crawl View Post
Noo it never breaks so didn't need any.
lol no worries mate..............
Reply With Quote
  #1721  
Old 07-07-2010, 12:49 PM
Gizwaz's Avatar
Gizwaz Gizwaz is offline
Wasting Time'r
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kent, UK
Posts: 356
Member Number: 1728
B/S/T Feedback: (1)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dready View Post
Because
a leafed truck will never be able to compete with a Linkd Honcho.

And a Truck fitted with a winch has an advantage over a truck that doesn't

I was trying to make it fairer on those without deep pockets
true on both counts, but I have to echo Denty's post.
In 1:1 offroading

you don't get penalised for a winch or two or coilovers instead of leaves, but you do generally go up a class or three depending on just how many traction aids you have ( lockers, winches, x-springs, tyre size)

Now I'm easy on the rules just as long long as we all know what we're playing to, but to bring deep pockets into it is a bit silly cos a winch doesn't have to cost a fortune ( as you found out recently) and I seem to recall that most of the vehicles that didn't have them last time weren't exactly pocket money models (don't count mine as they are w.i.p's and not really contenders either, just there for the fun).

Instead of penalising for carrying winch(es) why not reward for not using it. ie if a section necessated winching thru by 50% or more of the field, then those that drive it could earn/lose bonus points???

leaves vs links is an awkward one tho as lots of 1:1's have leaves as standard, and lots of others have coils/links and there's no difference in scoring them, but how about a similar appendix to the winch one above somehow if needed ??

Like I say, I'm not worried either way (altho some of the changes could well benefit me amongst others ) as long as I know what hymn sheet I'm singing from.

just my two penn'orth (and to take the heat off some of the others )
Reply With Quote
  #1722  
Old 07-07-2010, 12:52 PM
jay1's Avatar
jay1 jay1 is offline
Why do people play mind games ????
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Romford
Posts: 4,976
Member Number: 11369
B/S/T Feedback: (1)
Default

I just think it's tacking all the fun out off it mate, thats why i said just all agree on one set of rules and that will be that ..........

Any way how are you Gizwaz , are the kids still in to the rc trucks lol
Reply With Quote
  #1723  
Old 07-07-2010, 01:14 PM
denty's Avatar
denty denty is offline
LINCS RC OFFROAD
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: LINCOLNSHIRE..UK
Posts: 724
Member Number: 5457
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dready View Post
Because
a leafed truck will never be able to compete with a Linkd Honcho.

And a Truck fitted with a winch has an advantage over a truck that doesn't

I was trying to make it fairer on those without deep pockets
you tell me one CHEAP leaf sprung chassis kit .....
Reply With Quote
  #1724  
Old 07-07-2010, 01:19 PM
Dready's Avatar
Dready Dready is offline
Bucket List 1) Get a Truck on American TV. Completed
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: London
Posts: 10,351
Member Number: 2380
B/S/T Feedback: (18)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by denty View Post
you tell me one CHEAP leaf sprung chassis kit .....
Define Cheap?

I scratched a Complete steel Frame Rear Cage and a Full set of Hi-lift links for 12.00 plus paint.

agreed not a kit but you can pick up a Second hand hi-lift rolling chassis or Trailfinder for 100
Reply With Quote
  #1725  
Old 07-07-2010, 01:25 PM
Dready's Avatar
Dready Dready is offline
Bucket List 1) Get a Truck on American TV. Completed
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: London
Posts: 10,351
Member Number: 2380
B/S/T Feedback: (18)
Default

I have adjusted the rules to my comp details in July Comp Post

Main changes:-
NO penalty for a Rollover
Winch it back No Penalty
Turn it by hand Penalty

Time limit on stage every minute over a Penalty.


I'm going to stick my neck out and say lets see how it goes but i'm organising it so this is the hymn sheet.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizwaz View Post
true on both counts, but I have to echo Denty's post.
In 1:1 offroading

you don't get penalised for a winch or two or coilovers instead of leaves, but you do generally go up a class or three depending on just how many traction aids you have ( lockers, winches, x-springs, tyre size)

Now I'm easy on the rules just as long long as we all know what we're playing to, but to bring deep pockets into it is a bit silly cos a winch doesn't have to cost a fortune ( as you found out recently) and I seem to recall that most of the vehicles that didn't have them last time weren't exactly pocket money models (don't count mine as they are w.i.p's and not really contenders either, just there for the fun).

Instead of penalising for carrying winch(es) why not reward for not using it. ie if a section necessated winching thru by 50% or more of the field, then those that drive it could earn/lose bonus points???

leaves vs links is an awkward one tho as lots of 1:1's have leaves as standard, and lots of others have coils/links and there's no difference in scoring them, but how about a similar appendix to the winch one above somehow if needed ??

Like I say, I'm not worried either way (altho some of the changes could well benefit me amongst others ) as long as I know what hymn sheet I'm singing from.

just my two penn'orth (and to take the heat off some of the others )
Reply With Quote


Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2019, Scale 4x4 R/C