Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Other R/C and Misc > Static Models
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Static Models This for you static display modelers. 1/24, 1/25, 1/18, 1/43, etc static display models, kits, pre-builts, whatever. If you got it, here's your forum.

Old 08-26-2014, 02:48 PM
Do you ever leave the board?

Member Number: 8565
B/S/T Feedback: (2)
Default 1/8 DRAGONFIRE Trike

I have another oldie, this time a Revell 1/8 scale Trike.

Last edited by jeffro : 09-05-2014 at 06:57 AM.
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 09-05-2014, 07:09 AM

I finally got started on this one.

Page one is done.

It sports a Corvair motor

Page Two is done.

Half of Page Three is done.

Old 09-05-2014, 09:11 AM
Wasting Time'r

Member Number: 14737
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

That's so cool, very nostalgic. Any idea on the year of the kit?
Old 09-06-2014, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtcrittenden View Post
That's so cool, very nostalgic. Any idea on the year of the kit?
Thank you ! It has 2 years on it 1972\1976, so I assume 1976, and its 1st release was 1972.

Couple more motor pics

Old 09-09-2014, 08:13 PM

Pages 4 an 5 come together.

I put all the cabling on the motor.

I stripped some more chrome off of parts, but I've left some shiny.

I had to mock it up to get a view of it. The pipes need a little work.

That's it for now.

Old 09-10-2014, 04:32 AM
Can I have the blazer back.....

Member Number: 19276
B/S/T Feedback: (7)

Them old kits were wonderfully detailed. Its even fun to read the advertisements on the side of the boxes. Looking killer. You are giving me the bug to dig into my Model hoard. Those front forks are a thing of beauty.......
Old 09-10-2014, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Beers View Post
Them old kits were wonderfully detailed. Its even fun to read the advertisements on the side of the boxes. Looking killer. You are giving me the bug to dig into my Model hoard. Those front forks are a thing of beauty.......
Thank you 2B, they really are detailed. I won't buy any of the newish 1\8 scale bikes. Too simple.

I love the one on the side of this box, WARNING, Do not open this box if faint of heart !!

There's an MPC 1\8 Charles Bronson Sportster on eBay I wouldn't mind having, but I'll just watch for now.

Dig away, if you have time. lol And a question for you on models, do you still want or need a 1/8 scale Harley motor ?? I bought a pile of parts and I have plenty of extra motors. PM me if interested, I want nothing.
Old 09-11-2014, 05:23 AM

I dug it out..lol. dust and all. I almost lost it when my neighbors flooded my basement a few months back. it was floating in a box and i picked it out of the mess. I'M THINKING WITH THE INSPIRATION YOU HAVE GOING ON.... It needs some love and a face lift. Maybe a matching color scheme with the panel.... scratch built trailer to tow behind the beast. I could even go as far as building a custom chassis and do an early drag bike based of the triumph motor,,,hummmm now you got me thinking my friend. You bet i will PM you. your awesome "jeffro", thanks for the poke my friend. What goes around comes around.
Attached Images

Old 09-19-2014, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Beers View Post
I dug it out..lol. dust and all. I almost lost it when my neighbors flooded my basement a few months back. it was floating in a box and i picked it out of the mess. I'M THINKING WITH THE INSPIRATION YOU HAVE GOING ON.... It needs some love and a face lift. Maybe a matching color scheme with the panel.... scratch built trailer to tow behind the beast. I could even go as far as building a custom chassis and do an early drag bike based of the triumph motor,,,hummmm now you got me thinking my friend. You bet i will PM you. your awesome "jeffro", thanks for the poke my friend. What goes around comes around.
Looks sweet Ron, Just need to get off my dead arse and get the stuff shipped out to ya. I like your idea and I was kinda thinking along those same lines.

Anyway, the trike is done. The pics aren't the best.

Last edited by jeffro : 09-19-2014 at 02:51 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-19-2014, 05:31 PM

Turned out wonderful. I keep staring google eyed at them rear tires and rims.....thinking evil thoughts i am....mmuuuaahhaaahahahaaa.
Looks to be a fun mellow build. Great job my friend.
Old 09-25-2014, 05:43 PM
I WILL Hijack & De-Rail your thread into uselessness!

Member Number: 128
B/S/T Feedback: (6)

! The Dragonfire!! Was scanning the threads & this poked me right in the eye! What a memory this brought back, thanks so much for the post Mate.

I got one when I was about 7, and was born in '65 so 1st issue. That metallic-green basterd is the most memorable of the million kits I built when a young'un, partly due to the following:

Built it as good as possible. Remember upholstering the seat with some teal velvety stuff I had because it went SO nicely with the green Was so proud you'd a thunk I gave birth to it. Then my ing sister came into my room one day, showing me how good she could twirl her ing baton (One of those chrome-with-white-rubber tipped things cheerleaders use) and it flew outta her hand...AND THEN....Well, my 1st traumatic experience. I was so mad I ran into HER room & grabbed the 1st thing she valued, a ing plasic cup with a sticker on it she got for 'graduating' third grade or some such . I proceeded to turn it into a fine powder with my tiny but adrenaline-fueled fingers, and yes, I'm proud I did it. Mom & Dad were not however, and since hers was an 'accident' and mine was pure vindictive revenge, I got a GOOD beating. All I have to remember it by is the rear wheels & tyres, they're still in all my crap somewhere. We do not speak now, and that mighta had somethin' to do with it!

So this was really nice to read Mate, wow. The old kits were MUCH cooler than today's indeed! I still have the 1/8 Ertl WLA 45 Harley, the Zundapp 750 w/sidecar, and a few others half built somewhere. I miss my Elegant Beetle, Snoopy kits, Monogram 'Early Iron' kits, S'Cool Bus, Paddy Wagon, Boot Hill Express, damn.....Keep posting Mate, diggin' it. Chris REC
Old 09-30-2014, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyranosaur View Post
! The Dragonfire!! Was scanning the threads & this poked me right in the eye! What a memory this brought back, thanks so much for the post Mate.

I got one when I was about 7, and was born in '65 so 1st issue. That metallic-green basterd is the most memorable of the million kits I built when a young'un, partly due to the following:

Built it as good as possible. Remember upholstering the seat with some teal velvety stuff I had because it went SO nicely with the green Was so proud you'd a thunk I gave birth to it. Then my ing sister came into my room one day, showing me how good she could twirl her ing baton (One of those chrome-with-white-rubber tipped things cheerleaders use) and it flew outta her hand...AND THEN....Well, my 1st traumatic experience. I was so mad I ran into HER room & grabbed the 1st thing she valued, a ing plasic cup with a sticker on it she got for 'graduating' third grade or some such . I proceeded to turn it into a fine powder with my tiny but adrenaline-fueled fingers, and yes, I'm proud I did it. Mom & Dad were not however, and since hers was an 'accident' and mine was pure vindictive revenge, I got a GOOD beating. All I have to remember it by is the rear wheels & tyres, they're still in all my crap somewhere. We do not speak now, and that mighta had somethin' to do with it!

So this was really nice to read Mate, wow. The old kits were MUCH cooler than today's indeed! I still have the 1/8 Ertl WLA 45 Harley, the Zundapp 750 w/sidecar, and a few others half built somewhere. I miss my Elegant Beetle, Snoopy kits, Monogram 'Early Iron' kits, S'Cool Bus, Paddy Wagon, Boot Hill Express, damn.....Keep posting Mate, diggin' it. Chris REC

Thank you Chris ! I loved the story. I visualized the whole thing as I was reading it.

I will have more to build and show. I've been trolling ebay looking for old Revell bike models. They are so intricate compared to the stuff nowadays.

have a great evening Chris !
Old 05-19-2015, 02:10 PM

Member Number: 23690
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

Built one of those years ago...had a blast building it...wish I still had it.....