Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Monsters, Scale 4X2, & Non scale R/C > Scale 4x2 and Buggy R/C vehicles
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Scale 4x2 and Buggy R/C vehicles This is the place to put your Sand Scorchers, Bajas and other various 2wd offroad R/C's

Old 12-20-2010, 11:36 AM
I want to live in a scale world where I don't have to work

Member Number: 12873
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

Ahh I see what you mean about the chassis being a pain in the a** to mod. I have a mt2 that I converted to electric and put on the ckrc s/c chassis kit. but that front is pretty wide. I'll probly just stick to plan A and use the rustler front end I have with a custom chassis plate. But I will be using those rear lateral arms on my build cause they are cheap and look great. but thanks for the pics.
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 06-27-2011, 03:13 PM
I'm gonna be one of those middle aged men always fiddling with RC cars.

Member Number: 15526

What kind of welding did you do? Brazing? Welding?
Old 07-06-2011, 07:48 AM
Do you ever leave the board?

Member Number: 2185
B/S/T Feedback: (20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleBuilder12 View Post
What kind of welding did you do? Brazing? Welding?
If your talking about the OP's truck(HPI Trophy) it's plastic and comes that way .
Old 01-05-2012, 09:47 PM

Member Number: 14441

This seems to be the hangout for Trophy owners. All I did to mine was install a brushless setup from my Exceed Driftstar and the Axial wheels/Flat Irons off of my crawler. Just thought I'd share that changing a stripped spur gear isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Remove plastic driver torsos, remove 4 screws holding diff cover on, and raise/slide back the whole mess and let the driveshafts fall out.

Stripped spur was from when I forgot to tighten the inspection cover after checking the pinion setting and dirt got in there during some fun bashing. Once I had the slipper tightened up this thing took quite a beating until the spur stripped. Fun truck!

I'm currently cutting up some aluminum sheet for bodywork. Blue tape for patterns.

I just found the "other" thread in the review section. Sorry if I crapped in yours!
Old 07-09-2013, 08:44 PM

Member Number: 20566

Mine started life as a 1st gen MTDT RTR, with the 15T Firebolt & stock electrics. Currently not running, but modifications in process. New HPI Ford body, Axial 1.9 beadlocks (hub carriers filed down for clearance), metal pivot balls & full adjustable turnbuckles all around. Upgraded HPI F/R driveshafts & universals. Axial Exo light bar kit & radiator (radiator is just a placeholder for a pair of functioning fans). Front & rear Blitz OE shocks, with Integy piggybacks added as a bypass (GMade diaphragm & piggybacks to replace all 4 corners soon). Axial Exo rear lightpod, cut down to the center two lamps, and full LED kit are sitting on the bench.