Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Gone But Not Forgotten > KingCobra
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

KingCobra A Compilation of all Tim's builds

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2005, 09:17 PM
professional amature

Member Number: 136
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

I built this car using a body that I got from a Nikko R/C car purchased at a toy store. I completely disassembled the body, cut it out under the hood so it would fit my Yokomo drift chassis, drilled holes for the body posts, sanded it down, fixed the molding imperfections, repainted it, made an intercooler out of plastic sheet, plastic rod and silicone tubing, installed a total of 12 LEDs for all the parking lights, tail lights, side markers, and projector lights, (the 2 main headlights were already in the body), mounted dual 2AAA battery holders for the parking lights, and a 9V battery for the headlights. each light system has its own switch. then I cut the plastic rear diffuser and front bumper off the Nikko's chassis and mounted them to the Yokomo chassis. then I cut metal mesh to put in the hood and fender vents. the wheels are off a Jada toys R/C car, I cut the mounting lug off the backs of each one, then I epoxied a Yokomo brake rotor/hub to the back of them making sure they are perfectly centered.

Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!