Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > In General > Scale 4x4 R/C Official Regional Clubs > London Scale Trail Runners
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 06:47 PM
Breaking up a boat to make a raft.

Member Number: 13620
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default an introduction

Hi i've been about here for a little while but thought i should introduce my self. My name is tom i'm a lift engineer by day and i've been in to rc for about 18 years on and off and i'm slowly building a rc4wd gelande defender. i see you run comps in or around London and would love to come out and "play" one day
thanks
tom
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 01-08-2011, 07:46 PM
London Scale Trail Runner

Member Number: 2745
B/S/T Feedback: (4)

Sounds good Tom. The more the merrier.
Just keep an eye on the monthly meet posts in here, and head on down.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonF350 View Post
Sounds good Tom. The more the merrier.
Just keep an eye on the monthly meet posts in here, and head on down.
Thanks will do. it will take a while to complete (time money wife kids) but as soon as its done i think i'll come are there any rules i need to abide by or have i missed them in this forum? do i need a winch?
thanks for the reply
tom
Old 01-09-2011, 02:52 AM
Bucket List 1) Get a Truck on American TV. Completed

Member Number: 2380
B/S/T Feedback: (18)

Here you go Tom

These are the set of rules that we run to

Comp Build Rules and Markings for Scale Comps

The idea is to balance out the trucks partly in terms of scale, partly in terms of performance.

Each truck will have an RTI score, this will only need to be done once and noted on the board, if you've done work and need it reassessed it can be done quickly at a meet or comp.

Interiors only count if they are PROPER interiors, ie complete seats with driver. A lexan interior of two seat tops, or the same moulded into a body is NOT an interior. As before the rule is to reward/help people with a heavy, detailed interior.

Comps to consist of at least two course of no more than 10 gates each.

Build Rules
Hardbody -10
RTI less than X -10
Driver and Interior -5
Functional Spare Tyre -3
Scale bits -1 (Maximum of -5)
Working Lights Front and Rear -3 Per Set
Scale Fabricated Bumpers Front and Rear and rock sliders -4 Per (2 sliders count as one item)
Wheels outside the Body +5
Chassis not going over the Axles +10
All Recovery Equipment to be Mounted/Carried on Board

Gate Rules
Reverse 1 Free then its a +1(to a Maximum of 3 per Gate)
Hit a Gate +5
Human Assistance +5
Dnf a gate +10 Plus any Penalty's Already accrued
Maximum run time to be decided for each course on the day (not to exceed 12 mins), if your still on course when that is exceeded each gate not gone through will be added as a touch. (may increase this, need some more thought)
+3 points per minute

There is no penalty for rollovers as the time used to winch back, or the penalty for assistance should be enough.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:48 AM
Do you ever leave the board?

Member Number: 10558
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsloat View Post
Thanks will do. it will take a while to complete (time money wife kids) but as soon as its done i think i'll come are there any rules i need to abide by or have i missed them in this forum? do i need a winch?
thanks for the reply
tom
Come along to one anyway, have a chat and we'll always lend you a truck to have a go with.
Will almost certainly give you some idea's for your truck.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikk View Post
Come along to one anyway, have a chat and we'll always lend you a truck to have a go with.
Will almost certainly give you some idea's for your truck.
thanks for that i will pop along
Old 01-09-2011, 06:46 AM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 12121

Hi Tom, I would'nt mind seeing your rc4wd gelande. I came close to buying one my self.

how much did it set you back in sterling? and did you have to pay any duty tax once it got in to this country?

www.youtube.com/user/NRCTD
Old 01-09-2011, 07:31 AM

Hi jon the gelande came to about £330 by the time it was shipped over. there was no tax to pay. i couldn't recommend one i regret buying it
tom
Old 01-09-2011, 08:12 AM

Is that down to the Transmission Issues?
I thought that you had them all sorted now.
Anything i can do to help?
Old 01-09-2011, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dready View Post
Is that down to the Transmission Issues?
I thought that you had them all sorted now.
Anything i can do to help?
hi thanks for the reply. No transmission not sorted still waiting for parts. but the planetary gearbox is also poorly made and is rough and notchy. i've ordered a different box from bane bots to replace this that i will have to machine to fit as i don't think any replacement will be any better. i've stripped and cleaned/greased it twice and the problem is the forming of the teeth on the outer ring. The rc4wd site shows it with a brassy bronze outer ring and the one i received is a poor looking roughly made steel. The axles seem like they will need looking at at best before they can be used.The shock absorber ball joints are really loose so much that the shocks go from side to side when the suspension is compressed . The chassis seems poorly formed when you remove the back bumper it springs open about 30 mm and the transfer case needs packing to fit between the rails which is a surprise for a chassis and t case that were designed to fit together .These chassis problems seem to originate from the front servo mount which is not the correct width . i don't expect everything to be perfect but i cant see the point in providing this built if you need to strip it down and start again. So all in all i wish i'd got an axial in the first place but my money is now gone and the cost of sending it back would fall on me so i'll have to carry on and try to make the best of what i've got. sorry for the rant but at £330 this is quite disappointing any help you could provide would be great
sorry i'm coming across as a whinger but these things get to me
thanks tom

Last edited by Tomsloat : 01-10-2011 at 03:03 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:20 AM
Old Time'r

I know what it's like getting something that's not as good as it's advertised.

I spoken to some guys on UKRCRC forum here's the thread

http://www.ukrcrc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11219

Darkangelv24 owns one

Old 01-09-2011, 10:01 AM
Do you ever leave the board?

Member Number: 10558

Damn that's pants, and my view that the only good things they do are tyres still rings true...
Old 01-09-2011, 10:12 AM
Old Time'r

Rikk Damn that's pants, and my view that the only good things they do are tyres still rings true...

And the OEM 1.9 steel wheels, there not bad. A bit fidderly

Old 01-09-2011, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsloat View Post
hi thanks for the reply. No transmission not sorted still waiting for parts and now not getting replys to emails (perhaps a time difference issue) but the planetary gearbox is also poorly made and is rough and notchy. i've ordered a different box from bane bots to replace this that i will have to machine to fit as i don't think any replacement will be any better. i've stripped and cleaned/greased it twice and the problem is the forming of the teeth on the outer ring. The rc4wd site shows it with a brassy bronze outer ring and the one i received is a poor looking roughly made steel. The axles seem like they will need looking at at best before they can be used.The shock absorber ball joints are really loose so much that the shocks go from side to side when the suspension is compressed . The chassis seems poorly formed when you remove the back bumper it springs open about 30 mm and the transfer case needs packing to fit between the rails which is a surprise for a chassis and t case that were designed to fit together .These chassis problems seem to originate from the front servo mount which is not the correct width . i don't expect everything to be perfect but i cant see the point in providing this built if you need to strip it down and start again. So all in all i wish i'd got an axial in the first place but my money is now gone and the cost of sending it back would fall on me so i'll have to carry on and try to make the best of what i've got. sorry for the rant but at £330 this is quite disappointing any help you could provide would be great
sorry i'm coming across as a whinger but these things get to me
thanks tom

Thats a Big List and if i was in the same boat having just dropped £330 on a truck i'd be livid
I still think i'd send it back and ask for the return postage to be refunded.
Did you use Paypal or a Credit Card because you have come back on both if needed.
If a truck is advertised as:-
'If you are looking for the ultimate truck for the Land Rover plastic hard body, Gelšnde Scale Truck may be just what you need. From concept originally created by RC4WD New Zealand engineering team (Fracture), we have transformed the original prototype into a production vehicle that is ready for some serious offroading.'

The last sentence is what your looking at. ready for some serious offroading!
Not ready for complete disasembly and tinker with it yourself to see if you can get it to work.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:12 AM

thanks dready i think i'll email them again tomorrow if i still get no reply i'll start a thread in their area i think your right i was expecting to get a quality chassis to start my build on not another project. i think i'll send it back and get something else

Closed Thread