Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > In General > Scale 4x4 R/C Official Regional Clubs > London Scale Trail Runners
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

View Poll Results: Where and when should the LSTR meet?
Do the LSTR on the last Sunday and the aLmoSTR on the second Sunday 13 81.25%
Do one month London, next month Away 3 18.75%
Do them on the same day, and let people chose which to go to 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 12:49 PM

Member Number: 7969
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

Surley can't we just have a max diameter say 1.9 with rock locks? That way you can have 2.2's but without the extra advantage of fitting huge stupidly massive tyres?

Seems to be a more fair and sensible idea.
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 04-05-2010, 12:51 PM

Member Number: 7969

but I am biased beacause I run 2.2's!
Old 04-05-2010, 12:53 PM

Member Number: 3568
B/S/T Feedback: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dready View Post
I reckon Special Advanced LSTR Rules to keep it simple
3) No Digs of any Sort
nuts I just got mine working

how about cut and shut 2.2 to fit a 1.9 wheel?
Old 04-05-2010, 01:32 PM
Do you ever leave the board?

Member Number: 10558
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

I'll be there, just need to book the monday off and sort a B&B
Pop the 1.9's on, there pretty much a requirement for comps as the 2.2 tyres give you so much of an advantage.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:35 PM

Problem I found today even with small 2.2 is the width is much greater. The guy i drove with today had 2.2 flat irons, which are about the same size as my roklox, but he was walking stuff the rest of us on 1.9's struggled with because even though diameter there pretty much the same they where so much wider it gave him a much bigger contact patch.
So not even 2.2's cut to 1.9 diameter.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:40 PM

Me, Julius and Trent went for a play, Jay was meant to be there as well but work got in the way.
Met Chris who took as for a tour/play, loads of stuff to do, from easy to nope that's not happening. For the mud/water lovers there's a very nice section there you could get stuck in all day long

Great rock section to crawl on, and Chris had made a rather fantastic seesaw that everyone but me had fun on, as roklox just don't seem to like smooth logs

I did video the whole thing on the carcam but annoyingly the SD card seems to have bit the dust and I only have the last 30 mins or so, but Julius got some very good video.

This place like addlestone is screaming out for people to come and play, and a great place for a comp as well.

...........Rikk
Old 04-05-2010, 02:05 PM
Bucket List 1) Get a Truck on American TV. Completed

Member Number: 2380
B/S/T Feedback: (18)

I'll lend you a set of 1.9's Mr Landrover if you like?
Old 04-05-2010, 02:19 PM

Old 04-05-2010, 02:27 PM

Heres the Current Scale 4x4 Rules

1.9” Class
This class is modeled after typical street-legal off-road vehicles, non-trailered vehicles. These rules are set up to judge a scale truck as the "sum of its parts." The goal is to have trucks that resemble something you might actually see driving down a highway on the way to the trail. Understand the "spirit" of the rules and work within them.

> Chassis: The chassis or frame must be a ladder style and extend over the axles. Competition style RC rock crawling chassis are not allowed. This includes twin vertical plate designs (TVP), "stick" style, torsion and forced articulation. Tub style chassis are allowed.

> Wheels & Tires: Wheels are restricted to OEM 1.9” size. If the tires are cut down 2.2’s, they must fit onto a standard 1.9” rim and not exceed 4.25” in height and 1.75” in width. Flywheels brand wheels and tires and 1/18-scale Nylint brand wheels and tires will be allowed. 2.0's wheels are allowed as long as the tire attached is either a stock 1.9 tire or cut & shut tire that falls into the restrictions.

> Body: You must run a complete body, bumpers, fenders, doors and tailgates must be intact. Moderate fender trimming is allowed, but the basic shape of the fender must be retained. If no doors are run, the vehicle must have an interior (dash, floorpan, seats, etc). If no tailgate is used, the bed must be built out (drop bed). A shortened or lengthened body is allowed. A tubed bed must have a functional bed area capable of carrying a full-size spare laid flat, and tail lights(need not function), (rear fender and tailgate rules to not apply to tubed beds).

> Steering: 4-wheel steering is illegal.

> Drivetrain: A chassis mounted transmission and/or transfer case are allowed. Front or rear dig, cutting bakes, motor on axle (MOA) designs are illegal. Chassis with single or dual integrated motors are allowed, but the motors must always be powered (no electronic digs).

> Wheelbase and width: The dimensions of the vehicle are limited only by the body, but it must fit within the body’s fender wells.

> Comp-day modifications: The vehicle must be run as it was setup for tech inspection.

> Battery: The Battery must be placed on or within the chassis.

Scale Class: All rigs in the Scale class will start off with 0 points and points will be deducted during the competitions. The object is complete the course without incurring points. Point deductions are listed below. Speed is rewarded.

Reverse + 1 point
Rollover + 5 points
Gate + 5 points
Touch + 5 points
Time: - 5 points (awarded if course completed in time allowance: An additional -5 points will be awarded to the fastest time)
DNF + 40 points + 5 points per gate not completed
*Rescue - 5 points

Reverse: Using the throttle to reverse course. Non powered roll backs are allowed. During gated courses each driver is allowed 1 reverse per gate without penalty.

Rollover: Points are assessed when a vehicle rolls over and does not right itself or can not be righted without touching. Winching is allowed without incurring a penalty. Once righted the vehicle must be driven back into position. All gates not already cleared are still live while on a gated course.

Gate: Failure to pass all 4 wheels through a gate or touching a gate with any part of the vehicle. Gate must be cleared in its intended direction. Winching through a gate is allowed. Once a gate is cleared that gate is dead.

Touch: Any contact made to the vehicle by any person during a run. If the touch is resulting in the vehicle being placed back on course the vehicle may not be placed any further forward than the most recent point of progress.

Winch: Winches may be used at any time along the course without penalty unless any part of the winch touches a gate. If that occurs a gate penalty will be assessed.

Time: A 5:00 minute (or 1 minute per gate) time limit can be applied per run, this is not required and will be at the discretion of those judging the courses.

DNF: If a vehicle is unable to complete the course regardless of reason a DNF will be assessed. If a DNF is assessed then they will be scored with +40 points add to their current point total plus 5 points for every gate not completed.

*Rescue: Using another vehicle to free a vehicle on course. The rescue vehicle will only be allowed during runs in which the buddy system is in place. The rescuer will receive the bonus points.

*Buddy System: When the buddy system is in use 2 vehicles will run the course, the leading vehicle is the one being scored during that run. The “buddy” is the follower and will not be scored unless a rescue is requested. After the course has been completed the drivers will reverse order and the “buddy” now becomes the leader. Driving order will be decided by a coin flip. Buddy pairing will also be decided by chance. Method of determination will be decided on site based on number of participants.
__________________________________________________ ___________
Scale appearance points will be deducted from the final score of each event. Appearance points are listed below.

-5 Points (up to a maximum of 20 points)
·Hard body (rigid construction, usually abs or polystyrene: essentially any body that is not lexan)
·Detailed Bed (drop beds, flat beds, tube beds: should be realistic representations)
·Interior detail (must have at least driver & passenger seat, dashboard, & steering wheel)
·Offroad trailer (must be towed during entire event)

-3 Points (up to a maximum of 15 points)
·Roof rack with large scale item (canoe or similar, item must be secured to rack with tie downs; no Velcro will be permitted.)
·Bed item with large scale item (quad, dirt bikes or similar, item must be secured with tie downs; no Velcro will be permitted.)
·Realistic bumpers (point per bumper)
·Functional winch (per winch, front or rear)
·Functional spare tire (should be same size as being run on vehicle; i.e. no 1.9 spare on a 2.2 vehicle)
·Scale engine (i.e. Parma hemi)

-1 Point (up to a maximum of 10 points)
·Functional Lights (per set: Headlights / tail lights / roof / rollbar / crawling)
·Driver / Passenger figure (should be scale in size, in other words a 4 inch G.I. Joe figure in a 1/6 scale truck wouldn’t work. 1 point per person)
·Spare tire (non functional)
·Non Functional Winch (per winch, front or rear)
·Scale accessories (jerry cans, cooler, snatch straps, etc {multiples of a particular item will only score once: for example if you have 2 jerry cans you will only score for 1 jerry can})

Custom Body Bonus: This bonus is awarded for custom build work done to a body, this ranges from stretching, widening, combining, and scratch building. This is added on top of Scale points.

-5 points for any major custom body work (i.e. building a crew cab, grafting lexan and hard bodies*, etc)
-5 points for major tubular work. (i.e. full exocage, full tube chassis that supports and/or conforms to the body)
-10 points for scratch builds (i.e. building a body from the ground up; no OEM basis)

*50% rule applies to lexan/hard combos; in the case of a lexan/hard combo the body will be judged on the basis of whether it is more than 50% lexan or more than 50% hard.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:56 AM
Wasting Time'r

Member Number: 10643

Hey first video ready !!!!! to edit video take lot off time, also lot off time to download it to youtube with my "super fast" internet....
ok, I have total abouth 1h video first 30min vid I take with DV camera , after when finish camera batery, use KODAK HD pocket recorder, so first video in youtube coming from KODAK (second run) video from camera coming soon also (first run) so enjoy HD definition Fun run
first part fun on bridge
second part on rocks
and third part
P.S. maybe on last video still poor quality:
"This video is still being processed. Video quality may improve once processing is complete"
Old 04-06-2010, 07:46 AM

Nice on julius, great vids

What little hd camera did you use Julius?

I was so ****ed most of mine didn't come out, you can see me in J's vids being camera car

Oh well, here's what i got, not great but hey...

ps, still processing so will get better.

Old 04-06-2010, 08:06 AM
Wasting Time'r

Quote:
What little hd camera did you use Julius?
KODAK HD Zi8 pocket recorder on eaby or ARGOS cost abouth 135£

nice video to Rikk, now i try download video taked with camera
Old 04-06-2010, 08:24 AM

Superb little camera, does 720p at 60fps 8) just ordered one.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:39 AM
Wasting Time'r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikk View Post
Superb little camera, does 720p at 60fps 8) just ordered one.
don`t forget order one spare batery, this recorder use psecific baterys, and good things to keep one spare, course you can use car charger but....
I ready ordered spare batery batery name "KLIC-7004" just have look on ebay

P.S. esterday video I take with WVGA format, that economical format to save space on SD card, but still quality ist great, what quality you get if filmed with 720p60fps format ??!!!??
Old 04-06-2010, 10:07 AM

Member Number: 11373
Default New place to drive.

Thanks to Rikk,Trent and Julius for coming down and checking out our track in Docklands. Your opinion and enthusiasm is appriciated. Also thanks for putting vids up so quick so others can see what's about. After seeing what sort of stuff your trucks were suited to I've spent an afternoon building a selection of scale trails and hill climbs around the clay hill area that I've dedicated for building. I'm sure you'll enjoy these next time. Also much more in the pipeline.
To everybody else who haven't had a chance to come down yet we are based in East London near city airport and have an areea of land that we use for several differant forms of off road motorcycle training.I urge you to come and see what potential this site offers. There is somthing for everyone.
We are hoping to open on a regular basis to any sort of R/C rock crawler or scale truck for people to practice or just come and have fun.
There are many ready made trails and an interesting variety of obsticals.
There are already two good sized rock sections many logs and holes and often a mud pit.
There is also an area dedicated for building which we would welcome people to come and get involved in. To build trails and/or proper rock crawler course.
Plenty of parking space, toilets, covered area to shelter and room to BBQ.
In the future we plan to have some fun competitions open to all ( just run what you've got.) With a very simple honesty scoring system.
Please let us know what you think to this and get in touch if you want to come and look around 02074734434.
If you just want to pop along and see I will next be at the track on Sunday 11th for junior MX club. www.docklandsriders.org.uk
Thanks
Chris

Closed Thread