Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Monsters, Scale 4X2, & Non scale R/C > Scale 4x2 and Buggy R/C vehicles
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Scale 4x2 and Buggy R/C vehicles This is the place to put your Sand Scorchers, Bajas and other various 2wd offroad R/C's

Old 12-06-2015, 07:24 PM
Young Street Urchin

Member Number: 23755
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

Oh, YES! That looks SO good. It really belongs in the dirt. Good to see it running.
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 12-11-2015, 01:55 AM
Posts all the Time'r

Member Number: 16219

Some grate pictures you got there
Old 12-13-2015, 10:03 PM
Wasting Time'r

Member Number: 19523
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-x...IMG_726333.jpg
This is just an awesome pic so what else you got planned for the rear
Old 12-14-2015, 07:00 PM
Sheetmetal Guy

Member Number: 14978

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobsk8r View Post
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-x...IMG_726333.jpg
This is just an awesome pic so what else you got planned for the rear
I had a bunch planned... Think I'm just gonna stick some tires back there and be done though. Had a bunch of long work hours, and I'm over this. Think I'm just gonna run it and move on! LOL
Old 12-14-2015, 07:18 PM
Sheetmetal Guy

Not that I don't like it. I really do like it and it's fun to drive. But I need to reach in the back and in the windows to plug it in, turn it on, and charge the batt. I just don't want to make it too difficult to access that stuff because then it might not be as much fun! LOL.

Plus, It goes fast. It goes real fast for a big chunk of jagged aluminum, and I believe I'm probably going to break it. I need to add weight to the rear, and that's why I'm goign to put the tires back there. I was going to for looks, but now I'm going to for ballast to get it balanced right. Right now even in grass going full throttle the back get loose and it'll spin out. Gotta be very soft with the trigger finger, and I think shifting the weight back will help with that a bit more.
Old 02-14-2016, 08:31 PM
Sheetmetal Guy

Took this out in the snow today. Got a Gopro recently and was eager for slow motion. Shock oil was pretty stiff in the cold and the snow was binding the suspension, but it's still pretty cool!

Old 02-14-2016, 08:45 PM
Do you ever leave the board?

Member Number: 20276

Very cool video! I like the slow motion shots jumping through the snow and throwing snow everywhere, very cool effect.
Old 10-10-2016, 05:04 PM
Sheetmetal Guy

Took another video. I have been busy this summer and haven't had much time to get out, so I was just putzin' around my driveway in slow motion. lol.

Old 10-10-2016, 07:24 PM

The video is very nice, shows the suspension does a great job. Also you do a good job of catching the right things on camera! What camera are you using, and how did you rig it so you can drive and shoot at the same time? With the camera down low to the ground, it makes for a nice view.
Old 10-11-2016, 07:46 PM
Sheetmetal Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederik View Post
The video is very nice, shows the suspension does a great job. Also you do a good job of catching the right things on camera! What camera are you using, and how did you rig it so you can drive and shoot at the same time? With the camera down low to the ground, it makes for a nice view.
Thanks! It's a GoPro Hero4 Black. This was filmed in 1080HD at 120 frames per second played back at 25% speed. It is tough to film and drive even with the thing I made... Using 1/4" aluminum rod I bent this up, and then brazed a flat plate of aluminum to the bottom to stick a gopro mount. Just hold the rod in my transmitter hand so I can steer with the other and it's right at ground level. With the weight hanging down low directly under your hand it also ends up being pretty smooth. It'll swing back and forth when you move, and you can stabilize that a bit, but all shaking is gone.

I wish I could get someone else to drive so I could move the camera around better and/or drive better. It's still tough because it's distracting trying to get the camera in the right place while driving this handful. To see how it also works to help stabilize, check out the video below. I was running alongside my dogs in the snow with this and you can see how smooth it came out!

Old 10-11-2016, 08:32 PM

All good info, thanks for sharing. That's a good trick to stabilize and follow at nice height. And the gopro being wide angle it is easier to keep on target. I also sometimes wish I would have a buddy to drive or hold the camera, but I'd have to have a clone of myself since I know what I want to shoot exactly lol

I got a cheap gopro knockoff a while ago, an SJCAM SJ4000, I read some good reviews on it. But for some reason, by the time I found a suitable memory card for it, it decided it did not want to power on anymore. Never used it, and not working anymore... It just cycles and screen flashes. I thought for 40$ why not try it my mistake I guess haha
Old 10-12-2016, 07:44 PM
Sheetmetal Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederik View Post
All good info, thanks for sharing. That's a good trick to stabilize and follow at nice height. And the gopro being wide angle it is easier to keep on target. I also sometimes wish I would have a buddy to drive or hold the camera, but I'd have to have a clone of myself since I know what I want to shoot exactly lol

I got a cheap gopro knockoff a while ago, an SJCAM SJ4000, I read some good reviews on it. But for some reason, by the time I found a suitable memory card for it, it decided it did not want to power on anymore. Never used it, and not working anymore... It just cycles and screen flashes. I thought for 40$ why not try it my mistake I guess haha
Well that makes me glad I didn't get one. I was contemplating getting a cheap knock off when I got mine as well. I know what you mean about the clone! Someone else either never gets the camera where you want it, or gets the truck where you want it. LOL. But by yourself you can't do that either! LOL
Old 10-20-2016, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by makaveliks View Post
Well that makes me glad I didn't get one. I was contemplating getting a cheap knock off when I got mine as well. I know what you mean about the clone! Someone else either never gets the camera where you want it, or gets the truck where you want it. LOL. But by yourself you can't do that either! LOL
Lol! I thought you were talking about camera clone for a second I put a review on Tmart website saying I got a fake and they did not put my review online Shows how honest Tmart is about the review the buyers put, and how to take online reviews with a grain of salt.
Old 01-06-2017, 04:08 PM
yes I can tow a house

Member Number: 12594

That is an awesome ratbuggy