Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > In General > Scale 4x4 R/C Official Regional Clubs > London Scale Trail Runners
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Old 04-25-2012, 04:09 PM
Scale the world realism we share

Member Number: 12110
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

i'll wait tell the weekend to be sure dont want to #### it up it being my first hard body
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 04-28-2012, 04:25 AM
Do you ever leave the board?

Member Number: 10558
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

Cancelled my hotel for the nationals, been watching the thread and still no post as to what's happening, pre registration, things to do in between the comps etc.
Again it looks to be an event left to the enthusiasm of the participants to run, and frankly I'm not spending 300-400 to do the same as last time.
I was expecting so much more after last time, oh well
Old 04-29-2012, 02:53 AM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 12121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikk View Post
been watching the thread and still no post as to what's happening, pre registration, things to do in between the comps etc.
http://scalerc.co.uk/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=24&id= 2696&Itemid=25

www.youtube.com/user/NRCTD
Old 04-29-2012, 04:28 PM
LSTR

Member Number: 14525

Oh good another forum.

At least we have found where the 2012 nats are hiding.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:47 AM

Member Number: 16166

So who is the reg plate maker on here? I would like to get one made for my Blazer!
Old 04-30-2012, 08:10 AM

Rikk, I hope you change your mind and show up. Was great fun last year! If not I hope to see you at some of the local comps!
Old 04-30-2012, 01:27 PM

Doubt I will, I came last year and really enjoyed it, but rather expected this one to be a LOT more. I love the idea and the site is fab, it just needs a LOT more to do in between runs and things like the ability to pre register via email with a form and a few pics of your truck.
I'm just not prepared to spend 300 and a days holiday to run my truck 4 times again.
I'd love to run something like this at the motox track as it has the room but it's to far for the majority of the northern guys.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:30 PM
Bucket List 1) Get a Truck on American TV. Completed

Member Number: 2380
B/S/T Feedback: (18)

Quote:
Doubt I will, I came last year and really enjoyed it, but rather expected this one to be a LOT more. I love the idea and the site is fab, it just needs a LOT more to do in between runs and things like the ability to pre register via email with a form and a few pics of your truck.
I'm just not prepared to spend 300 and a days holiday to run my truck 4 times again.
I'd love to run something like this at the motox track as it has the room but it's to far for the majority of the northern guys.

If you build it they will come

'Southern Championship'

I'm sure we could do a Better job of running it to
Old 04-30-2012, 02:37 PM

number plate i think we used demon plates (1:1)to set them out or jules did a youtube vid(ST demoniac)
Old 04-30-2012, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dready View Post
If you build it they will come

'Southern Championship'

I'm sure we could do a Better job of running it to
dito
Old 04-30-2012, 02:49 PM
Smashing cars up is fun!

Member Number: 8277

i like the southen chamionship idea. i think it would work. been working on my crawlers today. i made up a new mount for the back of the discovery as the velcro wasnt working. it now has body posts that are hidden inside the body. also rejigged the little ford to have a metal rear bumper and a bumper mounted spare tire. i'll take some snaps in the daylight as my camera works better then.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:13 PM

Member Number: 17606

Quote:
Let's talk soon then Rikk.
Is that what people want do you think, more time actually running the trucks? I've got a few ideas of how to get a lot more run time in. A little something different added into the mix.
But not sure how much enthusiasm there is for it. I know I haven't been to the monthly meet ups, as I work so many Sundays, so I don't get to see how keen people are but I've put loads of work in track building to try and make a permanent facility but there only seems to be a handfull of people that show any interest.
It just takes a few keen people to get involved and you can make things happen.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:39 AM

People like to run there trucks and spectate, BUT, I'd say the more things there are to do in between runs the better.

Things I think the big events need

Good advertising
Constant communication as to what's going on and answering questions(VERY important)
Pre register as many vehicles as possible via email and photo to stop the 2hr queue at the start of the day
Camping
Food onsite
Toilets onsite
4-6 solo runs over the weekend
Pairs event, like a winch challenge where you help each other
Tractor pull
Night run
Timed run, not difficult, all about speed and control
Tug of war

The main scored events would be the first two, the rest would be fun time fillers to do in between runs so you've always got something to do or watch.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:17 AM
LSTR

Member Number: 14525

This should be fun, me, the voice of reason

Having an event in the south is a good idea, however do not compete, cross or compare with other events.

Never refer to it as the Nationals.

To invite the Northern Guys we would need on site camping, insurance and all the crap that goes with it.

They are running an event, we are discussing an event!
However I do agree more sections, if you have one truck then 4 sections over 2 days isn't enough.
Pre booking would also make it a better event and easier to run,

I think some of the guys come from pure rock crawling, where as we come from scale, this lends a different perspective on scale points and rules.

Most of them aren't spending 300+ in fuel and accommodation, so a weekend in Bracken Rock with mates would be like us camping at Lieth Hill, not such an investment in time and money, so they don't necessarily see our concerns and to them it can be more relaxed and less of a formal event.

I think they are doing a good job, they had magazine coverage and manufacture support, many prizes and raffle gifts, a great venue and gumption to put it on. If forum interest is true, it is growing this year and will continue to grow. I see limited entries and one class per driver being the next challenge they will face.

Continue to offer help and constructive advice to the organisers, they may take it as time moves on.

Old 05-01-2012, 04:50 AM

Well said Foxtrail! I had an excellent time and have kept in contact with alot of people from last years event. It's a 2 1/2 hour trek for me to go to the Nats. I will be making this trip everytime they have it! I would completely support a Southern meet as well. I have learned that meeting people and the great conversation at the events is my favorite part. This weekend I met alot of new Scalers and had an excellent time. The weather was horrible but the people made the event and I had a Great time overall. To mem, I'm not bothered about the details, I just need a place to go run my RC and meet up with friends that I haven't seen in a while! This is why I am looking forward to the Nats this year. This is also why I look forward to the next LSTR comp. It's nice to see all the trucks out and continue the Banter from the forums!

Just my outlook, I know there was some comments on last years event that was saying that it was unorganized and scoring was unfair. But to me, I didn't know RC could be so fun until I went to my first comp which happened to be the 2011 Nats.