Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Monsters, Scale 4X2, & Non scale R/C > Rock Crawlers
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Rock Crawlers For those Rock crawling, stone sliding, body scratching, articulation crackheads; this place is for you!

Old 01-22-2020, 07:05 AM

Member Number: 26533
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default CJ 5 crawler build

This is the first few plugs I've made to create a scale CJ 5 body . I still need to make the windshield frame / floor and firewall/rear panel and tailgate . but so far i'm happy . not sure if I should make molds and do fiberglass bodys or just vacuum form . I thought it a nice though to make the jeep in separate parts to give it a more scale look . any thoughts ,please post .
Attached Images

Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 01-22-2020, 07:30 AM

might as well add a few shots of the gas powered TFL chassis that will be going under it . it's a Toyan gas engine . I had to make a transmission from a HPI savage reverse module and a Axial scx 10 aluminum transmission as crawlers do not have reverse , I machined a mount for the engine and transmission to share so you don't have gear mesh problems and it's also easier to setup everything before you mount it in the truck . the transmission was interesting as I had to make conversion plates and also had to make a input shaft that would mate with both the output of the hpi module and the input of the axial transfer case . high gear gives me 30:1 and low gear gives me 60:1 so it should be able to crawl very slow. with the gas engine I will have no brakes so I ordered a set of the CAPO disc brakes and will be mounting them . I understand this will not be a competition crawler , more of a personal challenge for me as I like to build . cheers
Attached Images

Old 01-22-2020, 09:12 AM

sorry posted in the wrong forum , can the admin please remove this thread . I have moved it into the correct area 1.9 crawler . thank you
Old 01-22-2020, 02:29 PM
Born FREE hyped too DEATH

Member Number: 29004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramjett View Post
sorry posted in the wrong forum , can the admin please remove this thread . I have moved it into the correct area 1.9 crawler . thank you
Well I for one am glad you posted in the wrong forum. I might have missed this. The gas engine is stuffed under the blower and behind the fan?

Damn nice how about some more up & personnel shot of it?

" understand this will not be a competition crawler" < who cares, that rig is in it's own class, super modified.
pep
Old 02-18-2020, 04:50 PM

Member Number: 28918

Oh, for me as a newbie these constructions which you posted above look unbelievable hard.. I reckon it's easier to buy a first RC car in a shop