Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > In General > Scale 4x4 R/C Official Regional Clubs > London Scale Trail Runners
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

View Poll Results: Where and when should the LSTR meet?
Do the LSTR on the last Sunday and the aLmoSTR on the second Sunday 13 81.25%
Do one month London, next month Away 3 18.75%
Do them on the same day, and let people chose which to go to 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 06:32 PM
Smashing cars up is fun!

Member Number: 8277
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

i have some news from me. good news i finally have a working truck. the parts came in for the mini crawler. i went and spent the extra money and got metal lockers to replace the shagged plastics ones. they do add a bit of weight in axles so thats a bonus. also i have also found a good abs body for the the mini crawler. its a ford f650. i dont what it came off but its the right size so im putting it on

bad news is im in the same boat as trainers as i cant make it to the next meet as i have a 2wd 1:10 off road regioal to go to. the same on trainers is going to. i will hopfully make it to the next one whenever that is.
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 07-09-2010, 10:51 AM
LINCS RC OFFROAD

Member Number: 5457

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dready View Post
Its a fair point but a leaf truck is at a disadvantage over a Linked one.

Ok Example :-
Little Johnny has a Standard Hi-lift that he got for Christmas which he loves and Adores, his Pocket money has graced it with some Rc4wd Tyres but thats about it for the Time Being.
His Dads brought him along to a Comp to see what he thinks.

Now also at the Comp is Big Dave
Dave has a Modified SCX10 all singing all dancing Fancy Wheels and tyres Winch its the Buisness running Lipo battery's and Top of the Line Electrics.

Now you can see where i'm coming from there both good trucks but Little Johnny is going to need a little helping hand otherwise a thrashing is on the cards.
Giving a small points advantage is going to make things alot Fairer and make Big Dave's job of beating little Johnny that little bit harder.
well little jonny wants to slap his silly daddy for spending that much on a highlift when he could of got him a an axial honcho and some tyres !!
Old 07-21-2010, 07:38 AM
Bucket List 1) Get a Truck on American TV. Completed

Member Number: 2380
B/S/T Feedback: (18)

So everyone knows where meeting at the second car park
Old 07-25-2010, 09:29 AM

Default Scores on the Doors

Right here's the scores on the doors for the friendly Comp

Kevin -17
Jay -15
Rik -14
Dready -6
Julius -2
Will 2
Ellie 15
Joseph 24
Leo 30
Cliff 32
Paul 33
Richard 53
Scott DNF

Well done to Kevin 'Denty' for Taking the Honours away from Young Jay right at the last minute Well it was getting Dark!!
Thanks to all for turning up and can i just say that I really think we do need a time limit on the next Comp.

If anyone has lost a Battery Pack one was handed in drop me a PM to reclaim
Old 07-25-2010, 10:13 AM
♫▂▃▅▆MONSTER ENERGY™▆▅▃▂♫

Member Number: 1370
B/S/T Feedback: (6)

I'd like to say that while leafs give less flex... they can be better in some situations, for example they don't go to the centre of the chassis and are therefore less to get caught up on. Yes they are stiffer, but, they don't randomly unload while side hilling. They also are better for hill climbing because they don't allow torque twist as much as coils..

both coils and leafs have their own pro's and cons... but at the end of the day, if you run leafs, then think you should get bonus points because your at a disadvantage... then it's your fault for building a rig with leafs...

Now, you may (at this point) be thinking "I built this with leafs because the 1:1 had leafs", well, it's a thing called modification. Nissan Patrol has indy front, I've seen sas vertions with both coils and leafs.

Suzuki Samurai SJ - leaf rig... Yeah, but they also made a "Sierra Sport" with coils....

Hilux - leafs.. yeah but I seen ones with coil convertions.

It's a big debate.. and I have no real place in it... however. I think the suspention is entirely up to the builder, and should not interfere with "scale points".

I'm done now. *puts on flame proof jacket*
Old 07-25-2010, 11:43 AM
Why do people play mind games ????

Member Number: 11369
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

Cheers for a good day Dready ....

3-0

How about 9 mins 0n a 12 gate course, then we can have 1 in mornng and one in afternoon , and a play in middle....and if you dont finish the time its +15 points .......

So who will be doing next comp...

And dready keep ya truck, but just work on it and make it better ,and one day you will get there mate ....
Old 07-25-2010, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8te-penguin™ View Post
I'd like to say that while leafs give less flex... they can be better in some situations, for example they don't go to the centre of the chassis and are therefore less to get caught up on. Yes they are stiffer, but, they don't randomly unload while side hilling. They also are better for hill climbing because they don't allow torque twist as much as coils..

both coils and leafs have their own pro's and cons... but at the end of the day, if you run leafs, then think you should get bonus points because your at a disadvantage... then it's your fault for building a rig with leafs...

Now, you may (at this point) be thinking "I built this with leafs because the 1:1 had leafs", well, it's a thing called modification. Nissan Patrol has indy front, I've seen sas vertions with both coils and leafs.

Suzuki Samurai SJ - leaf rig... Yeah, but they also made a "Sierra Sport" with coils....

Hilux - leafs.. yeah but I seen ones with coil convertions.

It's a big debate.. and I have no real place in it... however. I think the suspention is entirely up to the builder, and should not interfere with "scale points".

I'm done now. *puts on flame proof jacket*
HHHhhhhhmmmmmmm

How about NO.........................................
Old 07-25-2010, 11:57 AM
Do you ever leave the board?

Member Number: 10558

Damn good fun, apart from my ankle feeling like it's been hacked off with a rusty spoon I enjoyed myself

I thought we where timing the runs anyway as discussed in the other thread for this one, perhaps for the next one.

Also I think the +10 points for leafs should be changed and based on something like an RTI score as it's seems silly that rigs with very little travel like the cc01's get no help but trucks with leafs but good travel get +10 points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8te-penguin™ View Post
But they stick out at the front under the chassis so get caught up more? Also the big hoops underneath catch lots of twigs/sticks

There springs the same as coils, neither will randomly unload, they unload based on the weight shift of the truck which is totally predictable.

Only reason they exhibit less torque twist is they are stiffer so resist twisting, with a 3/4 link set-up you can tune TT out with leafs you can't, no links to change position.
Put very soft leafs on to get decent travel and you'll find TT there.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:08 PM

There is no way a leaf hilux will keep up with a honcho or scx.........

i still think the best answer is timed , then that should even it all out ....
Old 07-25-2010, 12:24 PM

Fixed my truck turns out when Cliff made the earth move all that debris must have caused my aerial to get caught up somewhere along the line.

Anyway its a keeper Jay.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay1 View Post

Agreed which is strange
Old 07-25-2010, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Fixed my truck turns out when Cliff made the earth move all that debris must have caused my aerial to get caught up somewhere along the line.

Anyway its a keeper Jay.
Good man
Old 07-25-2010, 01:35 PM
Wasting Time'r

Member Number: 1728

Thanks for a brill time dready, but could you supply sun beds and a mini bar next time so when the tension mounts and time ticks by we can all have a little lay down and relax????

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay1 View Post

So we'll be doing away with the -10 for leafed ??? if so ....................

Quote:
Agreed which is strange
Quote:

Anyway its a keeper Jay.
I thought you were glitching before that?? but anyway thanks for the compliment, I never realised I was that good .

btw, the kids are over the moon they both beat me, especially Ellie as she did her brother too!!!!!!!!!! Time for an interior I think, and front and rear bumpers but I'm torn over the 2nd winch.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:38 PM
LINCS RC OFFROAD

Member Number: 5457

thanks for a good comp... and sorry i took my time but as theres was no time limit i used all that i needed
Old 07-25-2010, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denty View Post
thanks for a good comp... and sorry i took my time but as theres was no time limit i used all that i needed
Dont talk to me .........

Closed Thread