Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > In General > Scale 4x4 R/C Official Regional Clubs > STLCrawl
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Old 11-22-2011, 02:27 AM

Member Number: 16557
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Talking anyone out there

Any scailers still out there in St.Louis area. I really don't wanna play with my self, to easy to win .
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 11-22-2011, 11:59 AM
Everything I own is dusty

Member Number: 464

I'm not in STL anymore, I live about 70 miles south with a few great locations around me. Over the summer it seemed like the comp side took over, I think I only went to one scale gtg. I did go out a few times by myself.

We are out there, there is a few members on here from the STL area, most of the time you can find them at MidwestRCC. With the weather getting colder, not much will be going on outdoors.

What kind of rig do you have? Where do you do your crawling at? Lake 35 at Busch Wildlife is a good spot, so is Simpson Park. If you ever feel the need for a change up, pm me. I'm 30 minutes from Elephant Rocks State Park, 20 from Hughes mountian, 35-40 from a place called Silver Mines. Still have a few areas I want to check out.

Old 11-22-2011, 12:53 PM

Member Number: 16557

Yeah I'm in Fenton/house springs. I'm just getting in to this scale thing and rig is tbd its a toss up between scx10 or venom safari just been trying to gather info before I buy about who when and where. IV been scouting areas too and have a few in mind the best is actually right in my front yard I have a 1/4 mile long creek that holds about 5 in water and has lots if technical ledges and rocks and steep grades, tunnels etc.. I'm coming from real life 4x4 trail riding that's my bronco in my pic but with two kids and a house payment its getting to expensive to repair and maintain it. And gas being 3.20 a gal at 8mpg on a good day down hill with a tail wind this seemed like a viable alternative.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:43 PM
Everything I own is dusty

Member Number: 464

I feel for ya on the gas thing, I drive to STL daily (except for today due to rain) even though my Ranger gets around 20 mpg, still gets expensive. Sounds like you found a great area

As for the scaler, I would look into a SCX10, just because of aftermarket support. In the process of gathering stuff for a scx10 based 1.9 rig and semi-retire my CC-O1 based Brat.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:25 PM

Member Number: 16573

I know this is dead but Im about 2 hours west of STL if something good is going on I would be interested in grabbing a truck or two off the shelf and giving them a drive.