Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale On-road R/C > Car Discussion
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Car Discussion Touring cars, Rally Cars, Drifters, whatever!
Talk among yourselves!

Old 08-20-2012, 02:35 PM
http://wolfcreekrcpark.com/

Member Number: 12061
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

Dang, you guys got me going on this maxspeed thing. so forgive my ignorance but this is basically a super cheap drift car that you're putting rally wheels & tires on and adding a rally body? same chassis as rally legends? and am I missing something or does someone else think this is so cheap that there has to be a catch?? Is there a catch?
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 08-20-2012, 02:55 PM
I wish electronics and water could get along

Member Number: 3566
B/S/T Feedback: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolRC1 View Post
I would have been in on the BO, timing was just not the greatest. Seems like BO's in general have not been going well lately.

Just picked up some HPI Pirelli 1.9 rally tires (way sweet looking), a new set of black 2.2 mesh rims and some AKA 2.2 tires for the incoming SNR. Found out the upcoming WR8 has the same size wheels, tires and body as the old SNR.

I desperately need to intercept the credit card bill before the wife does this month, or my rally projects and I will be sleeping out on the driveway.
I look forward to your reports on those tires. Those are the ones I have my eye on for the hardcore dirt and offroad stuff. IMHO they look so much better than rally blocks.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:57 PM
Everybody Needs Rock N Roll

Member Number: 4514
B/S/T Feedback: (45)

I just purchased a set of the Pirelli from Omni models today, have to wait for shipping though!

@ DRW, that is some funny right there bud!
Old 08-20-2012, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRW-FJ40 View Post
Dang, you guys got me going on this maxspeed thing. so forgive my ignorance but this is basically a super cheap drift car that you're putting rally wheels & tires on and adding a rally body? same chassis as rally legends? and am I missing something or does someone else think this is so cheap that there has to be a catch?? Is there a catch?
Yes to the first few and I hope not on the catch part. We will see.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:16 PM
Truck Destroyer

Member Number: 9614

Quote:
I don't think there is a catch, I think Rally Legend is making a killing on a body, 4 tires and a couple leds
Old 08-20-2012, 06:47 PM
http://wolfcreekrcpark.com/

Member Number: 12061

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stray Cat View Post
@ DRW, that is some funny right there bud!
I know that fear of explaining the hobby shop charges on the CC to the wife. Been there. Paypal to the rescue.

Man, they had the maxspeed mustang for $87 today. that's crazy.

Has anyone checked out the wheelbase on the 1:8 to see if it would take any of the 1:8 rally bodies? I hadn't even been considering 1:8 too seriously but that price could make it happen.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:59 PM
Truck Destroyer

Member Number: 9614

Kieth I saw you asking about the m03 - m05 platform for rally cars . I have a m05 rally car i run its a blast on flat trails but on the uphill dirt switch backs on my track its quite a challenge . It all depends on where you plan on running
Old 08-20-2012, 07:16 PM

Quote:
I know that fear of explaining the hobby shop charges on the CC to the wife. Been there. Paypal to the rescue.

Man, they had the maxspeed mustang for $87 today. that's crazy.

Has anyone checked out the wheelbase on the 1:8 to see if it would take any of the 1:8 rally bodies? I hadn't even been considering 1:8 too seriously but that price could make it happen.
I saw that too but I think it's well worth it to spend $40 more to have brushless and the light kit.

Chuckatruck, thanks for that info and I think you are right about Rally Legends.

Last edited by nascarkeith3 : 08-20-2012 at 09:34 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:49 PM

Is anyone with a rally car going to the Scale4x4 comp/gtg this year? I just suggested a rally stage in the thread. http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/sho...772#post929772
Old 08-22-2012, 06:44 AM
Builder of low end high budget vehicles...

Member Number: 4701
B/S/T Feedback: (31)

Quote:
Blessed are the flexible for their backs conform to their rock gardens.
HA! Normally I beat her home, but she's off on maternity leave, so she's seeing the flood of boxes coming in. Not good! I am building her a kitchen island though, so things are somewhat forgiven. Got quite a few man points on that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarkeith3 View Post
I look forward to your reports on those tires. Those are the ones I have my eye on for the hardcore dirt and offroad stuff. IMHO they look so much better than rally blocks.
Coming in tomorrow. Tower rocks! Finally got all my raptor parts in, so I'm shifting gears for a bit until some of the rally stuff gets delivered. New SNR should be here on Mon. I'll post up a pic of the wheel/tire combo later this week.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolRC1 View Post
HA! Normally I beat her home, but she's off on maternity leave, so she's seeing the flood of boxes coming in. Not good! I am building her a kitchen island though, so things are somewhat forgiven. Got quite a few man points on that one.

Coming in tomorrow. Tower rocks! Finally got all my raptor parts in, so I'm shifting gears for a bit until some of the rally stuff gets delivered. New SNR should be here on Mon. I'll post up a pic of the wheel/tire combo later this week.

Ruh roh! Preggo hormones. I'm glad you earned man points. There are too many sissy boys in the world.

Got a link to the raptor build?

You guys had me worried. I thought you were tired of rally already.

Since led’s and light kits have been mentioned I thought I would post up some other good finds on the nitrorcx.com website. They can also be ordered from Hobbypartz.com with free shipping on orders over $50.

Headlight/Taillight Kit $5.95 http://www.nitrorcx.com/41p-lightlead-1-10.html

Light Kit – strobing headlights, working turn signals, working brake lights $24.95 http://www.nitrorcx.com/41p-led-lightkit.html

Angel Eyes Headlights $5.95 http://www.nitrorcx.com/41p-angeleyes-blue.html

I run the angel eyes on my drifter.
Blue rings

Headlights

They also have police lights, underglow led’s, offroad lights, and more. The link to their led page is http://www.nitrorcx.com/ledlights.html
Old 08-22-2012, 09:46 AM

So I just bought the HPI Ford Focus body from Tower:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXMX00&P=7

and I found these wheels online from HK. I'm not sure how these will look in the end but I went with these so I can switch from white to black or do a combo depending on my paint.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/150709987334... 4.m1423.l2649

My Pirelli tires should be here tomorrow!!

Thanks for the links to the lights on RCX, now I have to come up with more cash!!
Old 08-22-2012, 10:22 AM
Builder of low end high budget vehicles...

Member Number: 4701
B/S/T Feedback: (31)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarkeith3 View Post
..Got a link to the raptor build? ..
In the 1/6 section. Got a big old pile of gears and driveshafts in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stray Cat View Post
..and I found these wheels online from HK. I'm not sure how these will look in the end but I went with these so I can switch from white to black or do a combo depending on my paint.
HPI clones! But what a price for 2 sets! Not a bad way to go.

So, I've been sitting here at work today not working at all, and debating what to do with the TB02. Defintely going to rally-ize it, though I don't have a body for it though per-se, and there's no room in the budget for a new one. It does have a nice AMG DTM Mercedes body at the moment. While Mercedes has not rallied in years (there were some older cars that made appearances, but nothing in the last 20-30 years), apparently there have been a few custom Pikes Peak cars. Hmmm... The more I think about it, the more I think it is doable with a few body mods and decal changes.

Plus, it would give me GREAT pleasure tossing around a shiny, expensive Merc in the dirt. Of course it needs a 1/10 yuppie banker/lawyer/electrical distributor CEO with a cell phone stuck to his ear driver figure, as well as removing the turn signal decals since most Merc Drivers don't seem to be able to work them anyway. I should probably put a few other cars out there so I have somebody to cut off too.

Rant aside, as it stands currently:

Planning on starting the XV over the weekend too if I get the chance.

Done rambling - back to non-work
Old 08-22-2012, 10:56 AM

I couldn't believe the price for 2 sets either so I figured I'd snatch em up! I think the Merc would be good as a rally with a little modification. I haven't gotten much done at work today either!
Old 08-22-2012, 12:06 PM

OSRC, the Mercedes body could totally work. The rant was funny.

SC, sounds like you found us some cheap wheels. I'm at work and ebay is a no-no so I will have to check them out this afternoon.

I know what you guys mean about not being productive at work. I have my Reading class doing a spelling worksheet while I check the Scale forums.