Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale On-road R/C > Car Discussion
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Car Discussion Touring cars, Rally Cars, Drifters, whatever!
Talk among yourselves!

Old 11-13-2019, 05:05 AM
Wasting Time'r

Member Number: 14261
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

Hmm look familiar

If you're on Facebook, the name on the pic is building a crew cab Kombi car hauler
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 11-13-2019, 06:18 PM
Another Newbie

Member Number: 2028

Wow! I didn't know i was building a model of their truck, I really need some paint...

I'd forgot about how the side windows opened. I'm not sure how the thermador type swawp cooler was going to work on mine.
Old 11-13-2019, 07:50 PM
Wasting Time'r

Kustom glass

Yeah they could have asked you if they could copy your model, I mean that's just manners isn't it?
Old 11-14-2019, 09:04 PM
Another Newbie

Seeing that, I really do like the "bullet" turnsignals better than the "fisheye" ones on that real one.

Does the new suspension adjustment from the bottom of last page now make this a "Mini-Truck", or a "Lowrider", or is it something else entirely?

I *REALLY* should have gotten this truck lifted sooner... It's been a BAD influence!
After seeing my wife actually be interested in an rc car because of hydro and underglow, the lunchbox street van is probably getting hydros and sound. I bought a WPL toyota hilux pickup to be a donor for van, which would be kinda fun to have the body go mini-truckin.
Just had an old droptop 'crazy taxi' delivered.
Plus I was looking at an old RadioShack 67 impala, but they didn't get back to me yet...

Last edited by frizzen : 11-14-2019 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Moar!!!
Old 11-15-2019, 01:54 AM
Wasting Time'r

Is there much difference between mini and lowrider? I'm not sure. A dub is probably not classed as a mini truck at least I doubt it would be over here... It's a veedub and that's about the main tag on it. I like what you did with it. Pretty amazed that you managed to find the space for it all in there.

The van and hilux sound like fun builds. I like a bit of low action and used to look at the hilux mini trucks in magazines. Some were really cool builds although the paint jobs were often a bit over the top.
Old 11-18-2019, 01:33 AM
Another Newbie

Short answer is 'not really'. The long answer starts in on asthetics, styles, wheels...

i guess your right, VW is pretty much a VW no matter what you do to it. However i still don't think anyone should accept them if they make a "volksrod" with the solid axle front end and hairpin links.

I came from much smaller rc, up to 1/10, then down to 1/14. There's often more space if you try hard enough. BUT once i get the rear 'Hydros' together i'll need to build a body lighting harness, stick underglow back on, and see if i can cram the bluetooth speaker back in the truck.

The Tradesman is gonna be cool once i can make / scrounge enough parts.
The 'crazy taxi' was trying to be a 63 impala droptop without paying for licensing, if i build a front end right it should be able to do front, side to side, 3-wheel, hop.
Not really sure what the Hilux would really even try to become, i just thought it looked kinda cool and wasn't much more than buying just axles alone.
Old 11-20-2019, 03:48 PM
Wasting Time'r

Yeah volksrods are definitely their own thing. Not really a hot rod any more and used to be a volks. Some are cool.. Most are not.

The hopping hydros are going to be an interesting one. There's a fella on my other forum that's building a real one from an 80s Aussie fairlane. Kinda like a fox body but bigger like a crown Vic. Full hydro set up on 13" wheels. Pretty mad for an Aussie car as we didn't really do that scene much.