Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > R/C Manufacturers/Venders/Retailers > Rogue Element Components
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Rogue Element Components Fine Custom and Limited-Edition Machine Work

View Poll Results: What 3rd color option would be wanted?
Blue 4 36.36%
Green 0 0%
Red 8 72.73%
Other 1 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-27-2020, 12:54 PM
I WILL Hijack & De-Rail your thread into uselessness!

Member Number: 128
B/S/T Feedback: (6)

As of today, the locking inserts will be dome tomorrow. I will shave the faces and get those shipped off by Monday, and things arec looking just fine from here.

Not Super-Exciting, but I'll keep you updated. Chris REC

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 06-04-2020, 01:52 PM

Mkay, here is where we be t'day: I did not ship the faces out because I won't have to- I'll be getting these done locally, to my color, caswell Gold 'S'. Will skim those & take up there within a wekk or so, in the meanwhile I've cut the nut stubs and today will cut the hexes for the Nylok nuts. This frees me to do my final skim cut/finish jaw now, which I don't want to do twice once it's set once it's perfect, so now won't have to. I'll be doing the nuts whilst the ano is being done, so things look really positive right now.

More soon All, Chris REC
Old 06-11-2020, 03:06 PM

Otay, one week later and things look great: All nut stubs are prepped, and Nylok nuts hammered in so can mount & cut those whenever I want. The 'Skim/Finish' jaws are cut, and all wheel faces will be shaved about .003 thou & ready to take to anodider within the week (The dye should be here by then also.)

What's done: Beadlock inserts, all tubes, COA's, Black and Silver screws.

What needs finishing: Centers and screws, nuts, instructions, order shipping boxes & packing.

The target date of July 7-10 still looks fine. This is the LAST CALL for chaps to Email me their nut choices, & verifying their addresses sometime in the next few days is just smart, so do both before ya forget.

More next week, Chris Cazan REC
Old 06-16-2020, 08:32 AM
Wasting Time'r

Member Number: 19523
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

Can’t wait to see these in person
Old 07-02-2020, 11:55 AM

So, it's July 2nd: Here is where we are at present. I will be dropping off the bits to get the Gold anodized today (Tried yesterday but my alternator went out- I swear I'm cursed.) The dye took a bit to get here, as everything is slower lately. The ano chap has given me a 2-week lead time, which he hopes to beat but can't promise, so let's say I get 'em back on the 16th: I'll need say 3 days to re-machine 'em, and a couple days to pack 'em: That means these should ship by the 20th or so.

It is a few more days than the 7-10th I hoped for, BUT I am not in control of the ano time, we are now talking days, not weeks or months, and everything else will be done by the time I get 'em back. I'll post nut progress as those get done, and I can start pre-packing the non-Gold units too as well as write up the instructions etc.

I think this should be acceptable Mates, I'm busting it to get these out to you all, and the only thing that can hold these up are ano issues, which have happened before: But I'm dropping these off in person and speaking to Dan, the owner so I can go over everything and minimize the chance of that. Yeah, I'm a tad paranoid as he has had to re-do stuff a few times, but he's the only guy that would do my custom color (For $300 extra $) so.....

Anyway, let's not worry about that! I'd still like people to verify their addresses if hanen't already. Nut choices are closed as I've already done the different-length stubs & inserted the nuts & have a plate ready to go, so pics of 'em in a few days. Almost there! More soon, Chris REC
Old 07-09-2020, 05:08 AM
Rollin' in the winnie

Member Number: 4269
B/S/T Feedback: (26)

Woo. Just in time for my aug 27 birthday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-09-2020, 06:02 AM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 170
B/S/T Feedback: (7)

can't wait to see 'em... more exited than a virgin at a strip club!

what!! they're not??
Old 07-09-2020, 11:34 AM

Just starting nuts today: I had a graphics card go out on my computer, so no Mastercam files for a couple days, figures. Pics any time now, Chris REC