Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Other R/C and Misc > Static Models
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Static Models This for you static display modelers. 1/24, 1/25, 1/18, 1/43, etc static display models, kits, pre-builts, whatever. If you got it, here's your forum.

Old 08-09-2016, 06:41 AM
Do you ever leave the board?

Member Number: 8565
B/S/T Feedback: (2)
Default 1/16 "Big Daddy" AA Fuel Dragster

I usually have several things going at once. This is what I'm working on while I wait for paint and glues to dry on the Trike

Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 08-17-2016, 07:30 PM

Now that the tiny trike is finished, its back to Big Daddy.

Old 08-20-2016, 09:40 PM
Long Tall Texan

Member Number: 965
B/S/T Feedback: (8)

Very nice! I had one of these as well but I think it was a newer version. I remember that the rear tires had a very thin sidewall and would wrinkle easily and I had the hardest time gluing part#s 7,8,&9 together. That was a miserable experience especially when my mom decided that I needed to use the non-toxic glue (smelled like citrus) and wouldn't hold two magnets together. Fun times!

Harry
Old 08-27-2016, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
Very nice! I had one of these as well but I think it was a newer version. I remember that the rear tires had a very thin sidewall and would wrinkle easily and I had the hardest time gluing part#s 7,8,&9 together. That was a miserable experience especially when my mom decided that I needed to use the non-toxic glue (smelled like citrus) and wouldn't hold two magnets together. Fun times!

Harry

Thank you Harry ! I believe you are correct, there seems to be 2 versions, maybe even 3 versions of the rear engine ones. The tires are very soft and thin walled, they melt down in the summer heat really well, and without looking to see what 7,8,an 9 are, I'm sure they were a P.I.T.A. It has so many tiny narrow, thin pieces, its hard not to break things.Good thing I'm much older now.

Mom trusted me with the good glue, but I struggled with taking time to scrape the chrome plating off to get a good glue joint. I convinced her the other was pointless...lol

I worked on it a little bit more then took a break, it was getting hard on my hands, so I switched to motorcycle model which I will try to post shortly in a new thread.