Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Monsters, Scale 4X2, & Non scale R/C > Rock Crawlers
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Rock Crawlers For those Rock crawling, stone sliding, body scratching, articulation crackheads; this place is for you!

Old 08-04-2010, 10:53 AM
Hard Knuckles

Member Number: 12479
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default Nylint 1/6 Jeep suspension modding Questions

Hi guys. I just joined and am in the works of modding my Jeep. So far I've relocated the on/off switch, swapped shocks front to rear, stretched springs, cut 1.5cm off the side of the body, and cut off the fenders.

My next project is a serious tummy tuck, lead weights in the tires.

QUESTION::: What size are these tires? I would like some new ones that are about the same diameter but with similar width. Where can I find some?

Also, more importantly, my shocks keep collapsing. So what kind of oil shocks will fit this thing? Or what are my other options??
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 08-04-2010, 11:01 AM
Banned

Member Number: 3176
B/S/T Feedback: (27)

you cannot buy aftermarket parts for a nylint. so things like alternate tires, etc are not availabe. why? because the Nylint is a toy. it is not a hobby grade R/c vehicle and therefore isnt supported by an aftermarket.

you say you stretched the springs? that is why your shocks are collapsing. they were designed to be a certain spring load, when you stretched them, you altered that, so they cannot support the wieght properly any more.

your best bet is to stop wasting money trying to modify a toy, and save for a true, hobby class r/c truck.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:17 AM
The 4rd prize winner!

Member Number: 990
B/S/T Feedback: (22)

Why change the tires if you want something the same size?
As above, it's a toy. Enjoy it for what it is and buy a real RC that you can actually buy hopup and replacement parts for.
You can keep the body and get some Clod axles and a chassis to put under it, improve performance 100%.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:23 AM
Banned

here is a better way to make it all make sence.

let's say you own a 1984 Ford Ranger. but you want a Ferrarri. No matter how much work you do to that old truck, will ever net you a sports car. Same concept.

you can fiddle with a toy all day long, and spend a ton of wasted cash, and it will NEVER perform as good as even the most basic entry level hobby grade vehicle.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:47 PM
Hard Knuckles

Can anyone tell me how long the shock shafts are??

Quote:
Originally Posted by talon View Post

let's say you own a 1984 Ford Ranger. but you want a Ferrarri. No matter how much work you do to that old truck, will ever net you a sports car. Same concept.

you can fiddle with a toy all day long, and spend a ton of wasted cash, and it will NEVER perform as good as even the most basic entry level hobby grade vehicle.
Yeah I definately understand you, I'm just starting out with R/C crawlers. My plan is to fiddle around with this one until I feel ready to build a hobby grade clod.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:52 PM
Banned

seriously? you own the dang thing. wouldnt YOU know best the measurements on it? get out a ruler and check.

but, considering the question you missed everything anyone has said to you anyways.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:11 PM
Hard Knuckles

Quote:
seriously? you own the dang thing. wouldnt YOU know best the measurements on it? get out a ruler and check.

but, considering the question you missed everything anyone has said to you anyways.
No I didn't miss everything everyone said. I made the mistake of stretching the springs. I'm just wondering how long the shafts are because I found some aftermarket ones that measure 110mm. I'm at work right now or else I'd measure it myself.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:33 PM
I've been here so long my banana's turned purple!

Member Number: 3180
B/S/T Feedback: (29)

Im glad your interested in the hobby bro,check out rc4wd.com i think they sell adapters to either put hobby grade 2.2's on you nylint, or to put nylint tires and wheels on our hobby grade rc's.
Again im not sure which option it is.
Im on a iphone.
So if you must upgrade the nylint, check out that site!
Id try to get a good entry level crawler .... If you have fun with that toy one.....youll love the scx10 rtr's for under $300 it will take you on a long journey in the crawler/scale world.
Personally i wouldnt dump no more than $30 more into that nylint, and start saving for a hobby grade.

And how did you come up with that screen name 4NDR3W_6THG3N ?
Or is that the estimated measurments Of the nylint tires?.....lol

Last edited by igotit : 08-04-2010 at 08:52 PM.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:23 PM
Wasting Time'r

Member Number: 9435

Quote:

Hey now I own a 84 Ranger and although it isnt a Ferrari(yet) it does have a 347 stroker in it.
Listen to talon, and the rest of the guys here, they know what they are talking about. I gave my Nylint to my kids to bash with. My son(6) has his own Micro now and wants to lay claim to my Axial Bronco.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:50 PM

apperently at one point in talon's harsh life....he wanted a nice italion sports car......and ended up with a ranger!
Old 08-05-2010, 10:53 AM
The 4rd prize winner!

Member Number: 990
B/S/T Feedback: (22)

Lucky bass turd, I wanted a Ranger but ended up with a stinking Ferrari!
Old 08-05-2010, 01:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotit View Post
apperently at one point in talon's harsh life....he wanted a nice italion sports car......and ended up with a ranger!
are Yugo's italian? that was always my dream car. a shiney red yugo. mmmmmmm secksay!!!!

lol, sadly, talon has no interest in italian sports cars. I do love Porshe's though, and ive already had one in my stable. then i got hit with adulthood and well.....you all know the rest.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:12 PM

yogo's are pretty cool cars!

my uncle sold his in pristine condition with 3k miles for $800 a few years ago.
i think it was a 87.....cute little fire hazard,sometimes no brakes.....death trap......beside that....great lil car!
Old 08-05-2010, 08:36 PM
Hard Knuckles

Quote:
Im glad your interested in the hobby bro,check out rc4wd.com i think they sell adapters to either put hobby grade 2.2's on you nylint, or to put nylint tires and wheels on our hobby grade rc's.
Again im not sure which option it is.
Im on a iphone.
So if you must upgrade the nylint, check out that site!
Id try to get a good entry level crawler .... If you have fun with that toy one.....youll love the scx10 rtr's for under $300 it will take you on a long journey in the crawler/scale world.
Personally i wouldnt dump no more than $30 more into that nylint, and start saving for a hobby grade.

Or is that the estimated measurments Of the nylint tires?.....lol
rc4wd.com eh? Aren't they the ones that have all of the competitions and stuff? I would kill to go see a competition.

Actually I did the tummy tuck last night and it helped out alot, but today I was crawling up some steps and some white smoke spewed out of the rear axle where the motor lies and now it wont run. It still turns on and the steering servo works but its unresponsive to controller inputs.

This is exactly what I'd like to do with it since I refuse to get rid of the body.

http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/sho...ghlight=Nylint

But for right now I'll order that scx10 tr since it looks a hell of a lot more reliable. Is 1/10 scale what everyone runs around here??

Quote:
its my first name and I own a 6th gen accord coupe. It's the name i use for each forum i'm a member of.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:39 PM
Banned

1/10 is the scale the majority of the r/c world uses. however, there are also 1/18, 1/24, 1/12, 1/14, 1/8, 1/6 and 1/5 scale builds on the site.