Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Monsters, Scale 4X2, & Non scale R/C > Scale 4x2 and Buggy R/C vehicles
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Scale 4x2 and Buggy R/C vehicles This is the place to put your Sand Scorchers, Bajas and other various 2wd offroad R/C's

Old 07-19-2010, 06:20 PM
I wish electronics and water could get along

Member Number: 3566
B/S/T Feedback: (5)
Default Slash Oval Racer

I have a 2wd Slash that has been sitting on a shelf for the last several months. Recently I bought a Losi Mini Late Model and started oval racing. Its a blast so I started googling to see if anyone had converted a Slash to run dirt late models and I came across this http://www.rctech.net/forum/oval-lar...ash-model.html

I decided to see what I could build. I looked for 1/8 late model bodies and found out that they were $50 and up so mine will have a Slash body. I started with a piece of 22 gauge sheet metal and cut a lower chassis and upper deck. I threw the electronics on just to see if it would work and ended up with this

It drove ok but I need to work on the steering a little and brace everything up.

The only time this Slash gets driven is when I go to my parents house and race oval around buckets in the front yard with my little brother so I am going to set this up as a back yard/dirt oval racer and hopefully it will help me work on throttle control for when I race the Losi Late Model.

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 07-19-2010, 08:23 PM
a Dezert Speciez

Member Number: 3809
B/S/T Feedback: (6)

That's a pretty cool idea. I have a brushless Slash just sitting in peices too. All I need is a chassis. It's just too bad there isn't an oval anywhere around here. Cool build though
Old 07-19-2010, 09:05 PM
driving mini z's

Member Number: 9660
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

thats pretty sweet!
what about a drifting winnebago?
Old 07-19-2010, 09:10 PM
I think I suffer from something.

Member Number: 10658
B/S/T Feedback: (9)

cant wait to see it progress!!
W@T3R8oY wUz H3R3! Well, im Broke MoFo #89!! Eat that Lauer!!
Im suffering from RC addiction. Oh it hurts so good.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:05 AM
I wish electronics and water could get along

Member Number: 3566
B/S/T Feedback: (5)

I got the steering figured out. I had to cut a piece and bolt it to the top deck to keep the steering from pulling back towards the servo. With that figured out I took everything apart and painted the sheet metal to keep it from rusting. I put it back together and slapped on some decals. I like it!

I switched out the front body posts with some Axial body posts that I had laying around and lowered the stock rear body posts to get the body lower. I also put some fuel tubing on the shock shafts inside the shock to limit the travel and pull the chassis down lower to the ground.