Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Monsters, Scale 4X2, & Non scale R/C > Scale 4x2 and Buggy R/C vehicles
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Scale 4x2 and Buggy R/C vehicles This is the place to put your Sand Scorchers, Bajas and other various 2wd offroad R/C's

Old 01-19-2009, 10:02 AM

Member Number: 3113
B/S/T Feedback: (1)
Default Modified Hornet

Hi all

So I have had my Hornet for must be 20 years now, and recently dug it out to use again, but decided to modify it first. The suspension was never great so that was my first job.

The front was changed from those little spring efforts to proper dampers, and by changing the bottom arms for super hornet ones, it allowed me to fit them with no body modifications at all.

Next the rear dampers were never up to much so I modified one of the lower mount bits and cast some new ones, so I could fit longer better dampers to the back. I also always hated the way the front of the gearbox always used to move around when you acculturated forwards. I know it was to allow movement, but it always struck me a crude way of doing it. So to cure this I fitted another small damper in the middle to the metal shaft and made a top bracket to hold it. Now this still allows free movement at each end, but having the damper stops it freely moving under acceleration like it used to.

Lastly I always wanted alloy wheels for it, but could never find any that fitted, so I bought a set of four off eBay and then modified the drive adapters at the back to fit the hornet, and the ones at the front to hold bearings.

I also have a tuned motor to go in it, but will fit that another day, and i also want to try and get hold of another body shell to modifie and then try vacforming them.

Don
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 01-19-2009, 12:10 PM
Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you.

Member Number: 3418
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

Looks good, like the suspension setup
Old 01-19-2009, 12:31 PM
keep it dirty

Member Number: 5145
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

thats weet man! cool coil overs and cool colors