Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > In General > Scale 4x4 R/C Official Regional Clubs > London Scale Trail Runners
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

View Poll Results: Where and when should the LSTR meet?
Do the LSTR on the last Sunday and the aLmoSTR on the second Sunday 13 81.25%
Do one month London, next month Away 3 18.75%
Do them on the same day, and let people chose which to go to 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 06:43 AM

Member Number: 7969
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

Good day today good to see you all again. Happy with my motor just got to get those cells cycled and I may finnish the day with some battery power!

Jai
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 03-07-2010, 10:42 AM
Do you ever leave the board?

Member Number: 10558
B/S/T Feedback: (1)
Default Addlestone 07-02-10

Really great morning, fab weather if a little chilly to start. Loads of trials riders there today for practice, had a chat with them and there club owns that whole area and they usually meet on a saturday just a couple of sundays a year for comps.
They where fine with us being there, we moved to the BMX track after 45 mins as they'd said they don't use it to much and we all got on together fine with us watching them ride and them stopping frequently to watch us and chat.
One of them was doing some tidying with a chainsaw and opened up the tree covered rocks to the right of the entrance, that's now totally clear and something else to explore
We all shared the camera so got a lot of pics and Elliot had the roof cam this time, I'll get the video footage together over the next couple of days.
Damage...bent an upper front link, rear number plate gone apart from that everything was fine which i was very surprised at as the poor thing got a damn good beasting

Lots of pics here http://rikk.smugmug.com/gallery/1143...04370178_Ayej9

And a couple of tasters...

Old 03-07-2010, 11:41 AM
Bucket List 1) Get a Truck on American TV. Completed

Member Number: 2380
B/S/T Feedback: (18)

No its not being defeatist.
The whole part of LSTR is in the Name and why it was set up in the first place by myself and LondonF350
London Scale Trail Runners.

Ok then put another way.
This months get together for LSTR is in Cornwall.
It just Doesn't work.

The whole point was to escape the Ratrace for a Couple of hours and meet up with some like minded people.
It was never an intention to travel Two hours to get somewhere to meet up.

If i'm talking out of context then feel free to shoot me down.

Last edited by Dready : 03-07-2010 at 12:08 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:51 AM

Member Number: 3568
B/S/T Feedback: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dready View Post
The whole point was to escape the Ratrace for a Couple of hours and meet up with some like minded people.
It was never an intention to travel Two hours to get somewhere to meet up.
If wev'e had the past year of meets outside the inner London area how about going to Richmond Park or Putney Heath or that area? as I beleive thats where it all started? (correct me if I'm wrong)
Old 03-07-2010, 12:12 PM

Ok dear Founder I get it, lots of hard work you have put in to LSTR fair do's, well done I thank you for this because I have met some cool people in our area building and using scale models. Surprisingly a few from our flying club.

I guessed Wrongly I saw LSTR as THE UK group I guess its not then it seems more for local londoners exclusive to London meets. My bad!

Ok lets not get upset I would not travel too far unless it was a serious event so I don't blame ya for not travelling.

It seems there is alot of people in the north london area or indeed willing to travel here for the monthly meets.

Would anyone mind if post a north london meet in LSTR or should it be posted else where? If LSTR is indeed for local londoners it is unfair to have it outside London.

I have no intention in organising anything by myself nor being a founder member or owt. Not interested, too busy with projects to be anal over who is top geezer I just want to meet up with other people in our area to play with our latest builds for some fun and a laugh. As I'm sure we all do.

Don't want to step on anybodys toes hench the Question above.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:16 PM

How about a Sub Section Of LSTR for the Northern Ish Peeps?

You post up your own Meets and Events then if any of the LSTR members want to Partake then they know where all the info will be?
Just a thought
Old 03-07-2010, 12:18 PM

[quote=jai_landrover

Don't want to step on anybodys toes hench the Question above.[/QUOTE]

Your not stepping on anyones Toes
Old 03-07-2010, 12:43 PM

seems like a good idea, i always assumed LSTR was the UK wide
Old 03-07-2010, 12:44 PM
Posts all the Time'r

Member Number: 10691

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikk View Post
When people are putting up suggestions for these meets can you put a google maps link as well please as I'm sure it's not just me that has no idea where these places are from the name of a road.
Or if we had a sticky at the top with all the standard places in, with maps and perhaps a few pics.
Added to the map... http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=109033992589480913826.00047eb 370999cbcf4555
Old 03-07-2010, 02:03 PM
Posts all the Time'r

Member Number: 10691

Excellent time today, even if it was just the four of us...!

Some good photo's Rikk, but I need to finish detailing my truck... it looks so unfinished!
Old 03-07-2010, 02:17 PM
Wasting Time'r

Member Number: 7587

Some really nice photos there Rikk.Looks like i missed a really good run out today .
Old 03-08-2010, 08:54 AM
Do you ever leave the board?

Member Number: 10558
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

I was going to wait till the youtube ones had gone up, but as it's been uploading now for about 6 hours, he it is on vimeo
Old 03-08-2010, 10:38 AM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 8200

Uhh, im with Dready. I can only travel about an hour away for a day out, so is there any place in London?
Old 03-08-2010, 02:33 PM

No reason we couldn't hold 2 events although it would make more sense to have them at different dates so all could attend either or both. If you get me.

I'm keen ti hit Sandy Lane although would prefer to wait til I get my PAS box fixed so I can have a drive while there. We could hold LSTR March in London M25 somwhere and post another outing For Sandy Lane. Seems to be the simplist soloution. I understand the travel thing I'm not keen on driving miles to play.

On a completley different Note at least 4 of us north london lot are members or associates of Skyriders flying club. Now there has been talk between some members and saftey officer 'Spitfire' about mabe making a course for the cars at one of the sites. I will have about 3 cubic meters of top soil that willl be taken to the flying field to be used for strip repair mabe we could heap it up to store to be used as and when. Migt be worth a mention to Spitfire and the chairman. Just a thought.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:49 PM
Wasting Time'r

Member Number: 2026

Quote:
Originally Posted by jai_landrover View Post
N

On a completley different Note at least 4 of us north london lot are members or associates of Skyriders flying club. Now there has been talk between some members and saftey officer 'Spitfire' about mabe making a course for the cars at one of the sites. I will have about 3 cubic meters of top soil that willl be taken to the flying field to be used for strip repair mabe we could heap it up to store to be used as and when. Migt be worth a mention to Spitfire and the chairman. Just a thought.
It depends where, there is precious little room for cars as it is, as long as it doesn't encroach on the pit / parking area then it would be nice but if it's going to effect the flying site I vote no.

I think we should have a seperate section for outside of the dready zone (m25) maybe UKSTR section for meets elsewhere in the UK

Closed Thread