Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > In General > Scale 4x4 R/C Official Regional Clubs > London Scale Trail Runners
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

View Poll Results: Where and when should the LSTR meet?
Do the LSTR on the last Sunday and the aLmoSTR on the second Sunday 13 81.25%
Do one month London, next month Away 3 18.75%
Do them on the same day, and let people chose which to go to 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 02:55 AM
Do you ever leave the board?

Member Number: 10558
B/S/T Feedback: (1)
Default Friendly comp?

As the weathers improving a bit I was wondering if anyone fancied a friendly comp at some point?
Could be based off these rules http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9792

With a few addition so people can run most things apart from full comp crawlers ie.

Crawler chassis +10
None sprung shocks +8
2.2 tyres +15
MOA +5
The amount of points would have to be worked out but you get the idea.

I can knock up a few different lengths of ladder 6-18inches which would allow access to more areas normally out of reach.
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 03-22-2010, 06:01 AM
Wasting Time'r

Member Number: 10643
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

nice pictures
I miss this nice one.....
Old 03-22-2010, 07:45 AM
Wasting Time'r

Member Number: 10643

I intrested
what location?

Quote:
None sprung shocks +8
what you mean that air shocks or with internal springs?
but I not see big diference what shocks in use
some truck have use small diameter shocks course not have enough space to fix it, no shance to fix big bore shocks, sometimes touch shassi or other parts and have use small shocks with internal spring or air shocks
Old 03-22-2010, 08:10 AM

That would be if your running a droop setup, ie not remotely scale.

The idea is to let anyone run but giving penalties for things that are not scale to save people with crawlers or crawler based rigs with a lexan body on walking away with it.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:43 AM

Member Number: 7969

I'm game dependant on time location etc.
So my 2.2 matador is legal, what denotes a scale chassis? And remembering I have the turning circle of the titanic is it follow a pre set out course if you hit obstacals i.e tennis balls you get the point for that hit or i dunno?
Old 03-22-2010, 08:47 AM

Follow link read rules, explains most

Preferably not pure comp rigs as it's kind of defeating the purpose of the scale club, but hey if it's the only rig available that's what the extra rules would be for.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:04 AM

ok I got the regs sounds like fun, when and where? Need to find some terrain I know there is some hilly bits down sharpenhoe clappers near Luton but not enough for us all to play.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:07 AM

Only place I can think of at the moment would be addlestone. when I have no idea atm was just throwing it out there see what people thought and to hash the rules about a bit.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:45 AM
Bucket List 1) Get a Truck on American TV. Completed

Member Number: 2380
B/S/T Feedback: (18)

LSTR only has one Rule.

You must use 1.9 Or Smaller Wheels 1.5/1.7 etc. Anything Else Goes.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:50 AM

I thought this was scale as in if the original had a certain size wheel then the model should have a SCALE size wheel tyre? Confused? Its not asif its going to win or get anywhere its a really really rough scale AEC Matador that gets stuck alot ask Sao or Airwolfie!

Well LSTR friendly comp isn't allowing 2.2 and thats their only rule then I'm out. I have no time to build another RC got too many projects on the go ARC legal 80 inch V8 hybrid that needs finnishing for next years CCV comps, trailer to get sorted or scrapped and my 90 to swap axles/ratios plus getting it sound proofed all this before the next Wales and France trip. Especially now the weather is good plus trying to get some flying in there is no chance of a new rc build. so sorry guys I can't play but have fun and take some video.

Jai
Old 03-23-2010, 03:25 AM
Wasting Time'r

Member Number: 2026

Don't worry Jai we can have our own outside of London comps and run our own set of rules or a rough version of the rules Rikk linked to.
Although to be honest I am really not into competing, did my stint of racing when I was younger and I'm just in it for the fun now. I don't mind running a set course but I really can't be bothered with rules, regs, timing and points keeping.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:58 AM

Oooh vids, nice one

I really must pick up a little video camera, at least then it will give me an excuse to sit down for a while and rest my ankle while filming......to the net 8)
Old 03-23-2010, 05:40 AM

we can do modified association of rover club rules real easy just gates from 10 or 12 to 0 if you hit any you get that score, hub through and a stop you get the next points available so the aim is Zero points are bad. More british less septic take style and Easy. No timing no adding up points just a laugh.

Racing was a pain when I realised what my rc's were costing to keep me in the A final I gave up! Although I loved my HPI RS4 Pro 2. And losi buggy.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:00 AM

Not fussy how it's done just thought it would be nice once or twice a year to have some kind of friendly comp for a couple of hours out of a day.
Was just trying to get interest and comments.

Problem with doing it with rules like that though is someone who's gone totally scale will always get beat by someone who's got an AX10 put a truck body on it and smaller tyres, so very quickly everyone gets fed up as they already know they can't win, that's why you need some kind of points system to try and level things up between pure performance and pure scale.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:47 AM

you can design a course to get rid of masive articulation and wide tyres if thought out we do it with the full scale stuff takes a fair ammount of thinking and driving. Gates should be to a scale and alot of Ax10 cars arn't driven with the finess that is needed when doing the tight and delicate stuff. I would be at a disadvantage to others but can be classed as scale and non scale 1st 2nd and 3rd overall and 1st overall. Let me tell you with 1:1 we used to run RTV (road taxed vehicles) and modified on the same course each gate getting progressily worse terrain to near impossible drops off cliffs (one i was at was about 6 foot sheer drop with a tight turn at the bottom) or a gate with a tree slapa bang in the middle of 1 with the above scoring. When an RTV beats a modified its highly comendable and give you a nice warm feeling being the underdog and kicking ***. P.s somone got a clear hub through past the tree proving its possible with some thought and balls.

Closed Thread