Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Monsters, Scale 4X2, & Non scale R/C > Scale 4x2 and Buggy R/C vehicles
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Scale 4x2 and Buggy R/C vehicles This is the place to put your Sand Scorchers, Bajas and other various 2wd offroad R/C's

Old 07-05-2014, 08:33 PM
Still here.

Member Number: 227
B/S/T Feedback: (8)
Default Have I missed the Scorpion re-re discussion?

I used the search and didn't find any mention of the new Kyosho Scorpian re-release here...
I haven't gotten too excited about any other buggies before, but I think I may need this one!!

http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Scorpio..._p_23152.html#
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 07-06-2014, 12:05 PM
I WILL Hijack & De-Rail your thread into uselessness!

Member Number: 128
B/S/T Feedback: (6)

I don't think there is one yet Mate (I could easily be wrong though.) Some interest shown in a thread in my forum, I just mentioned it looked like a must-have & a few chaps agree: We need a real thread though. Hey! Here's a crazy idea- Why don't we START ONE?!? Hell Yeah! This IS a board Of, For, and By The People! What brilliance! So, how do we do that?? Chris REC
Old 07-07-2014, 10:21 PM
Still here.

That's just crazy talk!

Okay. Well. It looks super awesome...meaning scale, lots of metal from stock and the potential to upgrade nicely. I think the proportions of this one may be the best I think I've seen. And the very first person I thought of was you when I saw this vehicle! (Really!)
I thought, man, Tyranosaur is going to have some sweet stuff for this one!
Old 07-07-2014, 10:44 PM
'One cannot steal that which is freely given' - Trini2DBone

Member Number: 13990
B/S/T Feedback: (7)

Wow! These look awesome! I'm gonna have to get one as well! Anyone know when they will be available?
Old 07-08-2014, 07:43 AM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 4312

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trini2DBone View Post
Wow! These look awesome! I'm gonna have to get one as well! Anyone know when they will be available?

RPP had them in stock ordered mine should be here this week, can't wait!
Old 07-08-2014, 09:10 AM
Three .001 on every moving part.

Member Number: 2344
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

Ordered mine from RPP on Sunday... should be here tomorrow. http://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/kyo30613b.htm

2014 Scorpion Stock & Option Parts List

http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in..._2014_spop.pdf

#SCW019 - Gear Box Conversion for Original Scorpion?

*FOR JAPANEESE MARKET ONLY

Old 07-08-2014, 10:30 AM

Ha! Thanks Cafe! Anymore, this is the only kind of release that I care about personally- Just not inspired by the modern crop. Everyone seems so worried about performance! I've built 2 runners that became so powerful they were not as fun to drive anymore (Not that I drive much.)

The faux Al. wheels are so nicely done I'd be hard put to make better: Just a cool kit all 'round. Now, if Arco gets hold of one, lookout!! Christ, you make such nice cars it kinda ticks me off a lil' somehow. Chris REC
Old 07-08-2014, 12:56 PM

Default ideas meant to...

I kinda like the idea of machined rails that look like this...

... with a chassis plate that looks like this.

The servo saver mount also seems to always end up getting bent somehow...

Arcocustom clamp-style servo saver/shock tower brace & sway bar mounts

Some sway bars & mounts would be nice.

The old CRP-style frame braces & adjustable motor mount. Racey-type stuff...

Kyosho is supposed to be making all the parts to build a Turbo Scorpion...

[/url]

... did not see any wheels though.

Ideas. - Arco
Old 07-08-2014, 02:00 PM

Badingza! (Portmanteau word combining Badda-Boom, Bingo, & Bazinga.) Very nice Mate: See, contrary to what seems to be popular opinion, I actually DON'T know a lot about every Vintage car, option, mod, history, etc. So posts like this are invalueable!

Lots of great stuff there Arco! It ALL seems doable, providing the want is there, i.e. the first couple items go well. Just what I do, & I like them all: This car is a great candidate for CNC'd goodies.

The rails might look good in a nice 'I'-beam style with holes, I'll wait to see 'em but? The wheels, I gotta be real honest & say that the way I do mine, it'd be hard to make 'em look that nice! I mill mine, which is dandy, but the brushed finish would be difficult to replicate (The stock bass-turds look more like Al. than Al. does, those rotten ....)

I DO need a break, & I'm verty cheesed about this car, so pretty likely soon. Arco, the parts you called 'Arco' parts- Are those made by you, designed by you, or? Nice pieces! Just wanna know 'sup there for my own edification. Again, great time-saving & thought-provoking post! Chris REC
Old 07-08-2014, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyranosaur View Post

Arco, the parts you called 'Arco' parts- Are those made by you, designed by you, or? Nice pieces! Just wanna know 'sup there for my own edification. Again, great time-saving & thought-provoking post! Chris REC
Yes, the servo saver brace was my own creation and it is based on two popular mods from way back when... the "RCH shock tower brace" & the "CRP servo saver brace."

The clamp is a stock Kyosho #SC-3 "Arm Shaft Block." The tube brace is the same diameter as the front "Arm Shaft." It is has 3mm threads at both ends. The aluminum plate that was used for the shock tower brace was the same thickness as the front shock mounts.

The entire rear suspension & drivetrain is held in with 3 screws. Things kinda want to move around. An alloy rear cage looks nice and helps fix the shock tower flex.

Want to make the Scorp faster?? Ditch the tub. TOMAHAWK

Old 07-08-2014, 03:37 PM

Aha!! So I can steal your design, make ONE snigglin' lil' difference, and call it MINE?!? Perfect! If I do something like that, I shall of course give you credit Mate. Dang, it's nice to be psyched about a 'new' car! Sure hope things work out sales-wise- I don't need to get rich, so I appreciate your info, photos, and documentation, very cool. Chris REC

*Kinda dawns on me that this has sorta turned into a hijacked thread! I shall start one in my forum about this car, so this one can take its course, sorry all. Chris REC

Last edited by toyranosaur : 07-08-2014 at 03:40 PM. Reason: I'm a Jerk
Old 07-08-2014, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyranosaur View Post
Aha!! So I can steal your design, make ONE snigglin' lil' difference, and call it MINE?!?
Go for it. How about a few possibile upgrades to it though?

The stock servo saver is also retained with an E-clip and is non-adjustable. Maybe make the servo saver adjustable..? ...quick adjustable?? ...spring tension to my liking adjustable??

...or perhaps a solid bell crank????? a solid bell crank with multiple mounting holes for the steering rods??

...or maybe just a billet lower half of the servo saver with multiple mounting holes (could/would also work with potential spring tension adjuster & tower brace)

...billet steering spindles that flatten the angle on the steering rods, reducing the bump-steer like on that 1982 Tomahawk world championship car?

The #SC-3 "Arm Shaft Block" is cast aluminum and it has been known to snap right in half sometimes.
Old 07-08-2014, 05:14 PM

I,,,Uh,..I.....Uh.....I....(Writes furiously) Yeeks! Might as well touch things up whilst we're about it, eh? Boy, I'm gonna hafta git a car quick-like drool gibber convulse....Chris REC
Old 07-08-2014, 08:30 PM
Still here.

No thread hijack as far as I'm concerned. Great info and ideas! This was the thread I was hoping to find(start).

More bacon for everyone!
Old 07-30-2014, 08:12 PM

Default SCORPION 2014 Option Parts (in-stock)

https://kyoshoamerica.3dcartstores.c...y=13&search=GO

bought one of everything they had...